|REVISED April 25, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #28
Amendment #3 to the FY 16/17 Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Grant Program
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tracie Adams, Human Services Manager / Ext. 3030
Authorization for the Chairman to execute Amendment #3 to the FY 16/17 Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program (EHEAP) Agreement EH-16/17-MAN between Manatee County and the Senior Connection Center, Inc., extending the end date of the agreement.
Florida Statutes Chapter 125
- Amendment #3 reflects an extension of the end date for the 16/17 EHEAP agreement.
- The end date for services rendered is being extended from March 31, 2017, to June 30, 2017, and the contract end date is being extended from June 30, 2017, to September 30, 2017, to wrap up paperwork.
- The three month extension is being done so that the funds can be fully expended prior to the beginning of the new EHEAP agreement.
- The Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program is a grant funded through Senior Connection Center, Inc., and assists low income households with at least one person 60 years of age or older who are experiencing a home energy emergency.
- The program allows for assistance with electric bill payments through an application qualifying process developed by the state.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return two originals of Amendment #3 to Community Services Department. Once original of the amendment will be returned to Board Records when executed by the funding source.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$61,082 Federal Funds 16/17 EHEAP 1739000210
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs