|REVISED April 21, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #19
Florida Department of Environmental Protection Agreement 11ME1 Amendment #3
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Charlie Hunsicker, Director
Authorization for the Chairman to execute Amendment #3 to Anna Maria Island Beach Nourishment Project Agreement 11ME1 with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection; and adoption of Budget Resolution B-15-053 amending the Annual Budget of Manatee County for Fiscal Year 2015.
- The majority of the Anna Maria Island Beach Renourishment Project is part of the Federal Manatee County Shore Protection Project which was restored in 1993. Nourishment was completed in 2002. In 2005 and 2014, a portion of the island received federally funded hurricane recovery nourishment. Restoration of the Coquina Beach segment and the City of Anna Maria segment was completed in 2011.
- The Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP), pursuant to Section 161.091, Florida Statutes, provides financial assistance to eligible governmental entities for beach erosion control activities under the Florida Beach Management Funding Assistance Program.
- FDEP has determined that 100 percent of the 2014-2015 Anna Maria Island Beach Renourishment Project cost is eligible for State cost sharing.
- FDEP Agreement 11ME1 was executed by the Board on January 10, 2012.
- Amendment #1, increasing the State funding an additional $421,482 and extending the completion date to December 15, 2016, was executed by the Board on September 23, 2013.
- Amendment #2, increasing the State funding an additional $1,782,250 and extending the completion date to December 31, 2017, was executed by the Board on September 23, 2014.
- Amendment #3 decreases $564,000 Federal Share of funding that was inadvertently included in the original agreement. This Amendment also reallocates funding among the various tasks in the Agreement. There is no change in the completion date or County matching funds.
- Adoption of Resolution B-15-053 is requested to amend the annual budget of Manatee County, FL, for FY 2015.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return two signed original agreements to Jayne Roberts, Parks & Natural Resources Department, for transmittal to FDEP.
Email a copy of Resolution B-15-053 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
($564,000) Beach Erosion Capital Projects Fund
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Amendment 3 to Agreement with FDEP.pdf
Attachment: B-15-053 FDEP Coquina.pdf