|REVISED April 12, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #15
Agreement with The Manatee Players
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: Elliott Falcione, CVB Executive Director, x5913
Contact: Monica Luff, CVB Sr. Admin. Specialist, X5913
Authorization for the County Administrator to execute Agreement for Promotion of Tourism with The Manatee Players, Inc., and adoption of Budget Amendment Resolution B-16-053.
Code of Laws: 2-29-25 Tourist Development Plan
F.S.S. 125.0104 Authorized uses of Resort Tax Funds
- February 22, 2016, TDC unanimously recommended approval.
- This agreement will allow the Bradenton Area CVB to have brand advertising at the Manatee Performing Arts Center at a cost of $50,000 per year for up to 5 years.
- In return, the Manatee Players will provide the CVB with the following:
- A banner ad on Manatee Players website during each calendar year for 5 years;
- Space in Manatee Performing Arts Center lobby for BACVB visitors guides for 5 years;
- Four comp tickets per show annually for 5 years (based on availability) specifically to be utilized for travel writers, tour operators, or other tourism-related organizations/individuals from the marketplace;
- Use of the private suite during performances (based on availability) specifically to host travel writers, tour operators, or other tourism-related organizations/individuals from the marketplace up to 4 times per year for 5 years;
- Zip code data from ticket sales;
- Manatee Players agrees to review with CVB's brand agency to determine the need to integrate the destination brand elements with their brand elements.
- This initiative will allow us to reinforce our destination brand to first time visitors.
- This Budget Amendment and request of $50,000 is for the first year of the Agreement. The funds for subsequent years will be included in each respective BACVB Fiscal Year budgets.
- All funds involved are tourism taxes, NOT ad valorem taxes.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Send 1 original signed agreement to Monica Luff, CVB
Copy of approved agenda memo to Monica Luff and Eva Galler, CVB, and to Budget office: (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
1030002202548000 CVB Promotions
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
$50,000 per year for 5 years
Attachment: Manatee Players Agreement.pdf