|REVISED - September 29, 2020 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #31
Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase between Arthur Donald Dole and Linda Lee Dole and a Contract for Sale and Purchase for a Temporary Construction Easement for Parcels 146 and 146.03 for property located at 3615 Moccasin Wallow Road
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett-Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management Department, Extension 3439
Chris Pickens, Senior Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management Department, Extension 6285
- Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase for a Warranty Deed with Arthur Donald Dole and Linda Lee Dole in the amount of $74,950.00; and
- Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase of a Temporary Construction Easement with Arthur Donald Dole and Linda Lee Dole in the amount of $150.00.
- Chapter 125, Florida Statutes, Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
- Manatee County proposes to upgrade and widen approximately 1.9 miles along Moccasin Wallow Road from US 41 to Gateway Boulevard, CIP project 6092560.
- When the project is completed Moccasin Wallow Road will be expanded from a two-lane road to a six-lane road with three lanes in each direction.
- A 12-foot wide multi-use path is included in the project design along with 7-foot wide sidewalks, bicycle lanes in each direction, and stormwater management improvements within roadway median openings.
- The roadway improvements are necessary to improve traffic operations within the project area by reducing congestion, and to promote non-motorized forms of travel along Moccasin Wallow Road.
- Public Works has determined that it must acquire fee simple interest to certain real property to facilitate the proposed improvements to Moccasin Wallow Road.
- Property Acquisition Division and Public Works staff coordinated with Independence Acquisition & Appraisal, LLC, to negotiate the sale of the property located at 3615 Moccasin Wallow Road from Arthur Donald Dole and Linda Lee Dole.
- An Appraisal Report was completed on 6/1/2020 by Mr. Nick Chop of CBRE Valuation & Advisory Services.
- An all-inclusive settlement price of $74,950.00 was agreed upon for the fee simple purchase of Parcel 146, and $150.00 for the Temporary Construction Easement on Parcel 146.03. This settlement eliminates additional cost for litigation fees or expert fees associated with this agreement.
- Parcel 146 is comprised of approximately 25,139 square feet, and is situated on the South side of Moccasin Wallow Road.
- Parcel 146.03 is comprised of approximately 99 square feet, and is situated on the South side of Moccasin Wallow Road.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
- Please email the approved agenda item to Chris Pickens at firstname.lastname@example.org and Daniel Garner at email@example.com.
- Please return the original Contracts for Sale and Purchase to Chris Pickens via interoffice delivery to 1112 Manatee Avenue West, Suite 800.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Contract for Sale and Purchase - Dole Parcel 146.pdf
Attachment: Contract for Sale and Purchase - Dole Parcel 146.03.pdf
Attachment: Mocassin Wallow Dole Parcels_Location Map.pdf