|REVISED - September 29, 2020 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #32
Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase between Corner Properties of St. Pete, Inc. and Manatee County for Parcel 141/Moccasin Wallow Road - US 41 to Gateway Boulevard - CIP Project No. 6092560
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett-Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management Department, Extension 3439
Maggie Gaughan, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management Department, Extension 3631
- Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase between Corner Properties of St. Pete, Inc. and Manatee County.
- Chapter 125 of the Florida Statutes, County Government
- Manatee County Comprehensive Plan Goal
- Manatee County proposes to upgrade and widen approximately 1.9 miles along Moccasin Wallow Road from US 41 to Gateway Boulevard, CIP project 6092560.
- When the project is completed Moccasin Wallow Road will be expanded from a two-lane road to a six-lane road with three lanes in each direction.
- A 12-foot wide multi-use path is included in the project design along with 7-foot wide sidewalks, bicycle lanes in each direction, and stormwater management improvements within roadway median openings.
- The roadway improvements are necessary to improve traffic operations within the project area by reducing congestion, and to promote non-motorized forms of travel along Moccasin Wallow Road.
- Public Works has determined it is necessary to acquire fee simple interest to certain real property to facilitate the proposed improvements to Moccasin Wallow Road.
- Property Acquisition Division and Public Works staff coordinated with Independence Acquisition & Appraisal, LLC, to negotiate the sale from Corner Properties of St. Pete, Inc. for the property located at 3105 Moccasin Wallow Road, Palmetto, Florida 34221.
- An all inclusive settlement price of $125,000.00 was agreed upon by Manatee County and Corner Properties of St. Pete, Inc.
- Parcel 141 encompasses approximately 37,748 square feet and is situated towards the start of the project's boundary near US 41 and just West of Bud Rhoden Road.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return the original Contract for Sale and Purchase to Maggie Gaughan via interoffice delivery to 1112 Manatee Ave W, Suite 800.
Please email the approved agenda item to the following:
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Contract for Sale and Purchase_Parcel 141.pdf
Attachment: Resolution R-20-054.pdf
Attachment: Resolution R-20-055.pdf
Attachment: Parcel 141 Acquisition- Location Map.pdf