|REVISED - October 13, 2020 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #16
Renewal of Aircraft Liability Insurance for Manatee County-owned unmanned aircraft (drone) program
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
- Mitchell O. Palmer, County Attorney, ext.3750
- Linda R. Klasing, Risk Manager, ext.3750
Motion to approve the renewal of aircraft liability insurance for County-owned unmanned aircraft (drone) program in an amount not to exceed $6,797.00 as shown in the attached proposal from First Florida Insurance Brokers, and to approve the County Attorney, or his designee, to execute all related required documents.
- In 2018-2019 the Manatee County Board of County Commissioners approved and put into place an unmanned aircraft (drone) program, including a drone policy which includes the requirement of aircraft liability insurance to protect against the liability that arises from the use of unmanned (drone) aircraft. This coverage provides insurance for liability and hull craft for County-owned drones and liability for personally-owned drones used for county business.
- This policy is being handled by the Risk Management Division via the County’s insurance broker, First Florida Insurance Brokers. This insurance policy is being purchased through Global Aerospace, Inc., and covers the county’s unmanned aircraft when being used in the United States (excluding Alaska), Canada, and Mexico, or while the aircraft is dismantled and being transported between destinations.
- The total premium for this policy is $6,797.0 (inclusive of all taxes and fees) which is a reduction of $1,342.00 or 16%. The Risk Management Division of the County Attorney’s Office recommends renewing the aircraft liability policy in the amount of $6,797.00 (inclusive of all taxes and fees); further, the County Attorney requests authorization for him, or his designee, to execute all related documents.
- Coverage amounts are as set forth in the attachment. Note that this insurance is for drones only and does not cover manned aircraft.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
This is a County Attorney’s Office item.
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a stamped copy of this Agenda Memorandum certifying its approval by the Board of County Commissioners to Linda R. Klasing at email@example.com. Thank you.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$6,797.00 Fund 5050001500 Risk Management General Liability Fund
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
One-time payment of $6,797.00
Attachment: Manatee Aircraft Liability Proposal 2020-2021.pdf