|Manatee County Administrative Center Commission Chambers, 1st Floor 9:00 a.m. - June 5, 2014|
Agenda Item #8
PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - 117 Investments, LLC / Cadence Property - DTS20130504 - Quasi - Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6828
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-13-44(Z)(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.2, B.1-B.5, C.1-C.5 and D.1-D.3; GRANT Special Approval for a project: 1) exceeding a gross density of one (1) dwelling unit per acre in the UF-3 Future Land Use Category, 2) exceeding a net density of three (3) dwelling units per acre in the UF-3 FLUC, and 3) adjacent to a perennial lake or stream; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval and GRANT Specific Approval of alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 702.6.7 (agricultural setback), 714.8.7 (replacement trees), LDC Figure 715.C. (landscaping shall be placed on the exterior side of the fence), and 715.3.4 (one canopy tree every 50-linear feet), as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Alexis V. Crespo, AICP, with Waldrop Engineering, as the Applicant’s agent, is requesting approval of a Rezone and Preliminary Site Plan for 38 single family detached residences on approximately 14-acres located north of SR 64 and west of 117th Street East.
• The site is located in UF-3 FLUC (Establish the Urban Fringe – 3 dwelling units per gross acre) and is zoned A-1 (Suburban Agriculture).
• Special Approvals are required because the site is located adjacent to a perennial lake or stream (Gates Creek), the project exceeds the gross residential density of 1 du/ac (2.75 du/ac), and the project exceeds the net residential density of 3 du/ac (5.39 du/ac).
• Specific Approvals are requested to:
• The minimum lot size for Lots 8 – 11 is 70’x120’ (8,400 SF) with the remaining lots 60’x120’ (7,200 SF).
• The Applicant is meeting the minimum standards of the LDC and Public Works Standards with respect to roadway width (24’).
• Five-foot sidewalks on are shown on both sides of the internal streets and a 5-foot sidewalk is shown on the west side of 117th Street East.
• Open space acreage is 4.78-acres (35%).
• No wetland impacts are proposed (refer to Stipulation C.3.).
• On May 8, 2014, by a vote of 5 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• A summary of the public comment heard at the May 8, 2014 Planning Commission public hearing is in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email on April 9, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and the letter from the Florida Department of State to Bobbi.Roy@mymanatee.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - 117 Investment, LLC - Cadence - 20130605 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Cadence Property - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - 06-05-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: SPECIFIC APPROVAL REQUEST - Cadence - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - 06-05-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - 117 Investment, LLC - Cadence - 06-04-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Cadence Property - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - 6-5-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - Cadence - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - 1406005 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Cadence PDR-13-44(Z)(P) for 6-5-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comment - Cadence Property - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - 06-05-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Cadence - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - 1406005 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planner - Cadence - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - 140605 BC.pdf