|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor June 4, 2015 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #6
PDO-05-08(P)(R) - Sammy's Small World Office Park - DTS20150048 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner
941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDO-05-08(P)(R); APPROVE the Amended Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations 1 - 18; for a project that was previously GRANTED Special Approval in the Evers Reservoir Watershed Protection Overlay District; ADOPT of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval of an alternative to Section 603.10.4.3 of the Land Development Code, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The applicant requests approval of an amended Zoning Ordinance and Preliminary Site Plan to reduce the minimum required side and rear yard setbacks for a day care center (one building) and office complex (two buildings). The site is located at 3629 Tallevast Road, and contains approximately 1.08 acres.
• Specifically, the request includes to:
• Sammy’s Small World was approved on 10/05/2006 for a total of 10,041 square feet of non-residential uses (4,441 sq. ft. day care center and 5,600 sq. ft. of office space), including the rezone of 1.04 acres from RSF-4.5 (Residential Single-Family – 4.5 dwelling units per acre) to PDO (Planned Development Office) retaining the WP-E (Evers Reservoir Watershed Protection) Overlay District.
• After advertising deadlines, staff has determined that 1,563.5 square feet (± 0.04 acres) on the northern portion of the site are within the RSF-4.5/WP-E (Residential Single-Family – 4.5 dwelling units per acre/Evers Reservoir Watershed Protection Overlay). No building structures are located in this portion of the site, in which is only placed the required landscape buffer (10 foot wide).
• Prior approved Stipulation #15 has been revised to show the proposed side and rear yard setbacks reduction. Additionally, staff recommends a new stipulation (Stipulation #18) requiring that the applicant submit a revised Final Site Plan showing the relocation of the landscape buffers along the east and west property boundaries within the project’s boundaries.
• Staff recommends approval of the proposed change.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on May 8, 2015.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning, and Aerials - Sammy's Small World Office Park - PDO-05-08(P)(R).pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Sammy's Small World Office Park - PDO-05-08(P)(R) - 6-4-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Sammy's Small World Office Park - PDO-05-08(P)(R) - Bradenton Herald - 6-4-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Sammy's Small World Office Park - PDO-05-08(P)(R) - 6-4-15 BC Sarasota Herald.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Sammy's Small World Office Park - PDO-05-08(P)(R) - 6-4-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Revised Site Plan - Sammy's World Office Park - PDO-05-18(P)(R) - 6-4-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request Letter - Sammy's World Office Park - PDO-05-08(P)(R) - 6-4-15 BC.pdf