|REVISED - June 21, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #50
2016/17 Community Development Block Grant Annual Action Plan
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Bill O'Shea, Community Development Project Manager - X6858
Cheri R. Coryea, Director - X3468
Public Hearing and adoption of Resolution R-16-094, approving the 2016/17 Annual Action Plan, and authorizing the Chairman to sign all appropriate submission documents for transmittal to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Adoption of Budget Resolution B-16-070, increasing funds to align revenues and expenditures for the project.
24 CFR Part 91 (Consolidated Plan regulations)
Manatee County's Citizen Participation Plan
11.1.4 Efficiency in Service Delivery (Comprehensive Plan)
- Manatee County Government is an entitlement community for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) Program, and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program funding through HUD.
- HUD has allocated $1,627,663.00 in CDBG, $461,291.00 in HOME, and $145,858.00 in ESG funding to Manatee County Government.
- HUD guidelines require the adoption of an Annual Action Plan outlining the needs and goals for the use of the funds, which must be made available for a 30-day public review and comment period.
- Staff offered three community outreach opportunities to receive input from the citizens on unmet needs through the County, and solicited citizen input through the County's website.
- The draft Annual Action Plan has been available online for the required 30-day public review and comment period since May 16, 2016, and has also been available at the Central, Rocky Bluff, South County, and Palmetto libraries, as well as the Neighborhood Services Department.
- All comments from the Board and the public will be incorporated into the final plan that is submitted to HUD.
- Staff has considered Board priorities, Five-Year Consolidated Plan strategies and priorities, citizen comments, and applications by non-profit agencies.
- Staff has used the same considerations in its evaluation of all funding requests, and presents an Annual Action Plan that is consistent with the federal regulations and allowable expenditures of the program.
- Annual Action Plan activities were further scrutinized for timely expenditure within the fiscal year, impacts to future operating expenses, focus on community improvements, and proper procurement methods in accordance with HUD regulations and guidelines.
- Staff is seeking approval and execution of Resolution R-16-094, the Applications for Federal Assistance, and Certifications required for the 2016/17 Annual Action Plan.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return two certified copies of Resolution R-16-094 and return one original and two certified copies of Applications for Federal Assistance and Certifications to Bill O'Shea, Neighborhood Services Department, X6858.
Copy of adopted Resolution B-16-070 to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDBG / 172.90122XX
HOME / 176.901149X
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$1,627,663.00/172.90122XX (CDBG), $461,291.00/176.901149X (HOME), $145,858.00/172.901250X (ESG)
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Resolution B-16-070.pdf
Attachment: Resolution R-16-094.pdf
Attachment: 16-17 Action Plan - Final Draft.pdf
Attachment: CDBG 2016 Allocations.pdf