|REVISED - February 23, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #32
Resolution R-16-019; Exchange of Real Property between Troy S. Parrish and Manatee County, for property at Bill Parrish Road, Parrish, Florida 34219
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Daniell, Interim Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management, Extension 3009
Larry Decker, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management, Extension 6287
- ADOPT Resolution R-16-019, and;
- Execution and recording of Exchange of Property Agreement between Troy S. Parrish and Manatee County.
Florida Statutes, Chapter 125.37; Exchange of County Property
Manatee County Code of Ordinances, Section 2-24-32; Utilization of Duette Preserve
- Bill Parrish Road runs approximately 3.3 miles south from and perpendicular to State Road 62 and dead ends into private property. Much of the road is bordered by Duette Preserve to the West and private property to the East. The road runs down and through the western side of two parcels of privately owned property.
- The Resource Management Division of the Parks and Natural Resources Department desires to engage in a land swap exchange with the two individual land owners near the South end of Bill Parrish Road.
- This is one of two Resolutions submitted simultaneously requesting authorization to exchange County property at this location.
- The purpose of this exchange is to provide the County with contiguous ownership of land west of Bill Parrish Road so staff can have uninterrupted access for maintenance of county owned right-of-way and adjacent lands within the area known as Lake Manatee Watershed.
- The Exchange complies with requisite requirements of the Florida Statutes and Manatee County Code of Ordinances.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
- Please return a fully executed original Exchange of Property Agreement and Conveyance to Larry Decker at 1112 Manatee Avenue West, Suite 800, Bradenton, Florida 34205, and;
- Email an approved copy of the recorded Exchange of Property Agreement and Conveyance to: Larry Decker at: email@example.com, Johnny McLeod at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and Kay Rogers at: email@example.com.
- CCC Charge Account: AR700003
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$61.00 Recording fee. 401-0009500 Parks and Natural Resources
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Resolution R-16-019_Parrish Exchange.pdf
Attachment: Exchange of Property Agreement_Parrish.pdf
Attachment: RLS 15-225 Memo 9 22 15.pdf
Attachment: Parrish, Public Notice Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: Bill Parrish Road_Resolution R-16-019_Parrish Exchange-location map.pdf