|Manatee County Government Administrative Center 1112 Manatee Avenue West First Floor, Commission Chambers, 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #3
PDR-13-35(P) - WOODBROOK II - DTS20130359 -QUASI - JUDICIAL - Margaret Tusing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6828
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-13-35(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1, B.1 – B.2, C.1 – C.5, D.1 – D.3, E.1 – E.5, and F.1; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) in the Evers Watershed Overlay District, and 2) adjacent to a perennial stream; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; APPROVING Specific Approval of alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 702.6.7 (agricultural setback) and 714.8.7 (replacement trees); as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Katie LaBarr with Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. (agent) is requesting approval of a Rezone and Preliminary Site Plan for 77 single-family detached residences. The site is approximately 54 acres (vacant) located south of Whitfield Avenue and north of The Trails Subdivision.
• The site is located in RES-6 (Residential, 6 dwelling units per gross acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC). The proposed gross density is 1.43 dwelling units per acre.
• Special Approvals are required because the site is located within the Evers Watershed Overlay District and is adjacent to Rattlesnake Slough, a perennial stream. Planned Development is the process necessary to achieve Special Approval. A 50% reduction to the calculated pre-development flow rate directly or indirectly into Rattlesnake Slough will be provided in addition to 150% of the normally required stormwater quality treatment.
• 33.38 Acres (62%) is proposed for open space and 0.33 acres is proposed for recreational amenities consisting of a meandering nature trail and benches.
• The site has 8.10 acres of wetlands. Impact acreage is 0.97 acres. The 0.97 acres of wetland impacts are to highly degraded remnant wetlands.
• The School Board of Manatee County indicates that there is sufficient capacity for an approximate increase of 28 students. The schools serving this project are: Kinnan Elementary, Harllee Middle, and Southeast High.
• The subdivision is proposed to have private streets and a gated community; there is no opportunity for inter-neighborhood ties.
• The existing 120-foot right-of-way for Tuttle Avenue will be relocated as a part of this project. The Applicant is responsible for constructing two-lanes of the future four-lane boulevard section. The Tuttle Avenue construction will be a public/private partnership and will provide connectivity to the north and south by providing the missing link of Tuttle Avenue.
• Staff recommends and supports the Applicant’s requests for Specific Approvals to reduce tree replacement sizes and reducing the setback adjacent to active agricultural operations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Request for Specific Approval - Woodbrook II - PDR-13-35(P) - 02-13-14PC.pdf
Attachment: Request for Special Approval - Woodbrook II - PDR-13-35(P) - 02-13-14PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - Woodbrook II - PDR-13-35(P) - 02-13-14PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Adv - Woodbrook II - PDR-13-35(P) - 02-13-14PC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comment - Woodbrook II - PDR-13-35(P) - 02-13-14PC.pdf
Attachment: Maps-Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Woodbrook II - PDR-13-35(P) - 02-13-14PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Woodbrook II - PDR-13-35(P) - DTS20130359 - 02-13-14PC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Woodbrook II - PDR-13-35(P) - 02-13-14PC.pdf