|REVISED - December 13, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #26
Children's Services Annual Plan
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Cheri Coryea, Neighborhood Services Director, ext. 3468
Allen Donahue, Human Services Program Manager, ext. 3467
Approval of the Children's Services Annual Plan for FY17/18.
Authorization to announce funding availability of approximately $11,198,175 in County Children's Services funding for programs and services serving children in Manatee County for FY17/18.
Manatee County Code 2-2-251 through 2-2-259
Ordinances 91-42, 94-28, 97-30, 99-30
The Children's Services Advisory Board (CSAB) reviews and evaluates children and family indicator data on an ongoing basis in their determination of the types of programs that should be recommended to meet the needs of children and families in our community.
Ordinance 91-42 required the Children's Services Advisory Board to submit to the Board of County Commissioners by January 30 of each year an annual report which shall be made available to the public and include a plan for children's services. The attached Annual Plan for FY2018 contains the following:
Fiscal Year 2017/2018 - Investment Goals and Priorities
- Identified Priorities and Desired Results - At the annual retreat, the CSAB members brought forth serious community problems and indicators of consistent local issues, from their individual areas of expertise, which challenge children and their families. A new initiative--Results First--recently adopted by the Advisory Board, is a change in philosophy from that of a funder to an invester. In this transitional year, the CSAB will begin to focus less on funding programs and more on investing the Children's Services Dedicated Millage in results that can move the needle in the established priority areas and be beneficial for children and families in our community. The six identified priorities and the desired results for each are listed on page six of the plan.
- Priority Data - This section contains data graphs for each priority with an indicator needle, as well as basic statements of the issues related to each priority.
- Children's Services Special Initiatives - This section contains: information on Results First and the participating agencies/programs in the cohort; and general information on Adoption Preservation and Support RFP and the first year's results.
Fiscal Year 2016/2017 - Current Funding
- Fiscal Year Funding Table - This table contains data on the programs which are currently under contract to provide services for FY16/17. The programs are broken into purpose categories that represent a general program area.
- Children's Services Fund Graphs - The graphs reflect the breakdown of funds allocated and the number of programs funded for each general purpose category.
Fiscal Year 2015/2016 - Funding Report
- Fiscal Year Funding Table - This table contains data on the programs which completed contracted services in FY15/16. The programs are broken into purpose categories that represent a general program area for the type of services provided.
- Funded Programs by Purpose Category - This section contains data including the amount of Children's Services funds spent per general purpose category and the number of clients that received the services followed by: titles for each type of service, accomplishments (outcomes measured and reported by agencies), and data/research related to the need for the service.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$11,198,175 - 104.0015002
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Children's Services Annual Plan.pdf