|REVISED - December 13, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #51
Draft 2015-16 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) Public Hearing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Bill O'Shea, Community Development Project Manager
Public Hearing to receive citizen comments on the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnership (HOME), and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) draft 2015-16 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER), and authorization for staff to finalize the report and submit it to HUD.
24 CFR 91.520
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires jurisdictions receiving federal grants to complete and submit a performance report no later than ninety days from the end of the program year.
- The performance report, called the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER), details Manatee County's progress in addressing the goals and objectives identified in its approved 5-Year Consolidated Plan. This report provides HUD with information in meeting its requirement to assess each grantee's ability to carry out programs in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations. It also provides information necessary for HUD's Annual Report to Congress.
- This is the fourth reporting year for the 2012-2017 Consolidated Plan. The CAPER details the expenditures and accomplishments of all CDBG, HOME, and ESG activities during the program year.
- Manatee County is an entitlement Community for the Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG). In order to receive funding, the County must have a 5-Year Consolidated Plan, and an annual Action Plan for each of the 5 years approved by HUD.
- The 2012-17 Consolidated Plan and the 15/16 Annual Action Plan was approved by the Board of County Commissioners on June 5, 2012, and June 16, 2015, respectively.
- On September 30, 2016, Manatee County completed its 2015/16 program year of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnership (HOME), and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) programs.
- HUD allocated $1,620,289 CDBG, $437,074 HOME, and $142,607 ESG funding for the 15/16 Program Year. State Housing Initiative Program (SHIP) funding was used to leverage CDBG & HOME funding on housing rehabilitation/replacement projects and to fund the down payment assistance program.
- Multi-year projects with prior funding are currently underway. Highlights of housing and community development activities and services completed during the program year include:
- Public Facility Improvements
- 9th Ave. Dr. E. Sidewalks (from 29th St. E. to 31st St. E.), Palmetto; expenditures $169,740
- 21st St. E. Sidewalks, Palmetto; expenditures $310,955
- North County Roadway Resurfacing - resurfaced 9 roads in Palmetto; expenditures $160,816
- Library Annex Building Roof and A/C Replacement, Bradenton; expenditures $110,358
- Public Services
- Allean's Loving Care - in-home companion homemaker and personal caregiver services for the elderly - 5 clients; expenditures $84,000
- Centerstone of Florida Rental Housing Subsidies - 3-12 months of rental assistance for client with behavioral issues that would otherwise be released into homelessness - 10 clients; expenditures $21,893
- Turning Points Project Smile - dentures, and orthotic devices for homeless clients - 318 clients; expenditures $49,000
- Turning Points (ESG) - rental assistance to prevent homelessness or provide rapid re-housing of the homeless - 137 clients; expenditures $117,194
- Housing Rehabilitation/Replacement - 6 households; expenditures $743,695
- Down Payment Assistance - assisted 21 clients; expenditures $526,785
- HUD requires a formal 15-day comment period and public hearing on the CAPER. The draft CAPER was completed and made available to the public for review and comment beginning on November 28, 2016.
- Notice of the public hearing and the CAPER's availability was published in the Bradenton Herald and 7Dias. The CAPER was also available for review on the County's website, in the lobby of the Redevelopment and Economic Opportunity Department, and at five library locations: Central, South County, Braden River, Rocky Bluff, and Palmetto, through December 13, 2016.
- Today's public hearing is to receive citizen comments on the draft 2015/16 CAPER, and to authorize staff to finalize the report and submit it to HUD. All citizen comments received will be incorporated into the CAPER, as applicable.
- The CAPER must be received by HUD no later than December 30, 2016.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Draft 2015-16 CAPER - BCC.pdf