|REVISED - December 13, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #19
Interlocal Agreement with City of Bradenton Beach (Bridge Street Pier Floating Dock Project) and Budget Amendment B-17-018
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: Elliott Falcione, CVB Executive Director x5913
Contact: Monica Luff, CVB Sr. Admin. Spec. x5913
Approval and authorization for County Administrator to execute Interlocal Agreement with City of Bradenton Beach AND approval of Budget Amendment B-17-018.
Manatee Code of Laws 2-29-25 Tourist Development Plan
F.S.S. 125.0104 Authorized uses of Resort Tax Funds
- On October 17, 2016, the Manatee County Tourist Development Council unanimously recommended approval.
- The Tourist Development Tax Plan presently authorizes $1,000,000 of Tourist Development Tax proceeds for the Pier via a previous Interlocal Agreement (ILA) approved by the County Commissioners on January 28, 2014. The County has reimbursed approximately $832,000 of construction costs to the City of Bradenton Beach under that ILA, such that $168,000 of the original $1,000,000 remains unutilized. Therefore, the Ordinance is not required to be amended for this project.
- This ILA allows a one-time reimbursement of up to one hundred twenty five thousand dollars ($125,000) for the Bradenton Beach Bridge Street Pier Floating Dock Project.
- Manatee County (CVB/TDC) will invest in a dollar for dollar match (up to $125,000) with the City of Bradenton Beach on a reimbursement basis.
- City of Bradenton Beach will oversee the entire floating dock project and will facilitate procurement process for general contractor services.
- Post project, City of Bradenton Beach will have a preventative maintenance program that will be paid for by the City of Bradenton Beach.
- This Agreement shall terminate January 1, 2019.
- The floating dock at the iconic Bridge Street Pier will help generate marketplace impressions that will assist in tourism development.
- Budget Amendment B-17-018 allows the transfer of $125,000 from reserves in the Tourist Development Tax fund for this expenditure/reimbursement.
- All funds involved are tourism taxes, NOT ad valorem taxes.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Send one original signed agreement to Monica Luff, CVB
Copy of approved agenda memo to Monica Luff, CVB, firstname.lastname@example.org, Eva Galler, CVB, email@example.com, and Candi Cruz, Budget Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
1030002400 Other Civic Enterprises
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
up to $125,000 one-time expenditure
Attachment: Co Atty Memo - Brad Beach Floating Dock.pdf
Attachment: Brad Bch ILA Floating Dock.pdf