|October 8, 2019 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #22
Non-Standard Lease Agreement with Improvement Network Development Partners for Assembly of Two Temporary Hotel Model Rooms in the West Storage Location at the Bradenton Area Convention Center
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: Elliott Falcione, Convention and Visitors Bureau Executive Director, x3940
Contact: Monica Luff, Convention and Visitors Bureau, Sr. Administrative Specialist, x3944
Approval and execution of Non-Standard Lease Agreement with Improvement Network Development Partners.
Manatee County Code of Laws
- On May 21, 2019, the County Commissioners adopted Resolution R-19-003 amending the general and promotional policies, pricing schedules, and alcoholic beverage programs for the operation of the Convention Center facilities.
- The attached non-standard lease agreement provides for the following:
- A lease agreement with Improvement Network Development (the Sheraton hotel developer) to assemble two (2) temporary hotel model rooms in the west storage location at the Bradenton Area Convention Center (see attached photos).
- IN Development will pay for all costs related to this temporary structure to include utilities, permits, maintenance, and the removal at the end of the lease. An electric meter will be installed so that the electrical usage can be captured and paid for by Improvement Network Development.
- Improvement Network Development will pay for a mobile storage should the Bradenton Area Convention Center need additional space for equipment during the term of this lease.
- The west storage is traditionally used for overflow storage and will not compromise the operation of the Bradenton Area Convention Center, and is not included as "rent-able space" in Resolution R-19-003.
- These temporary model rooms serve a public purpose since our sales team will have access to show out-of-town meeting planners the look of the future rooms while showing them our convention center.
- Bringing in meeting planners over the next 20 months is important in order to begin to contract small conferences and conventions that would impact not only our convention center, but also the hoteliers, restaurants, and other retail amenities in our county, specifically the urban core.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: License Agreement for Model Hotel Rooms at the BACC - FINAL.pdf
Attachment: Pix - West Storage at Convention Center.pdf
Attachment: Co Atty Memo - Model Hotel Rooms License Agree.pdf