|October 8, 2019 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #23
United Soccer League (USL) Agreement for Events at Premier Sports Campus
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: Elliott Falcione, Executive Director, Convention and Visitors Bureau, x3940
Contact: Monica Luff, Sr. Administrative Specialist, Convention and Visitors Bureau, x3944
Authorization for the Chairman to execute Agreement with United Soccer League (USL) and approval to use this Agreement template for all future USL events at Premier Sports Campus.
- United Soccer League (USL) is the largest professional soccer organization in North America consisting of both amateur and professional athletes.
- Over the years, the Bradenton Area Sports Commission (a division of the Convention and Visitors Bureau), has been courting USL to host events and training camps at Premier Sports Campus (PSC).
- This inaugural event will provide our destination with exposure throughout the country and Major League Soccer organizations, and establish a long-term relationship bringing future events to Premier Sports Campus and Manatee County.
- PSC and USL negotiated a non-conforming agreement that was reviewed and accepted by our County Attorney's Office.
- Below are a few of the agreed stipulations
- stipulates exactly what event USL is hosting versus PSC agreement that states "soccer field rental."
- stipulates exact dates/times versus PSC agreement that states date/time ranges.
- allows USL to utilize PSC name, logo, and facility pictures to market their event.
- identifies and names the exact number, name, and rental rate of additional PSC equipment rentals versus PSC agreement that states "equipment and rates."
- stipulates the exact dollar amount of deposit needed versus PSC agreement stating "10% of total contract due."
- adds line item stating specific deliverables listed for both PSC and USL.
- No royalties allowed for PSC selling event coverage.
- control of facility names, USL instead of "Licensee."
- PSC agrees to 30-30 lightning rule (30 second count between thunder and lightning, seek shelter).
- PSC will allow USL to hang event signage.
- If approved by the Manatee County Commissioners, this Agreement template will be used for all future USL events held at Premier Sports Campus.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Send 1 fully executed original agreement to Monica Luff, CVB
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Co Atty Memo - USL Agreement.pdf