|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers October 6, 2016 - 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #7
PDMU-16-11(Z)(P) - CCSS Enterprises, LLLP/University ALF - DTS20160225 - Quasi-Judicial - Branden Roe, Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Branden Roe, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-16-11(Z)(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1 - A.2, B.1- B.2, C.1, D.1 – D.4; making a SPECIFIC FINDING that the buildings for the Assisted Living Facility exceeding 35 feet in height are consistent with Land Development Code Section 402.7.D.9 in that the development, as stipulated, is compatible with the surrounding area and will not create any external impacts that would adversely affect surrounding development; and GRANT Special Approval for a project in the Mixed Use Future Land Use Category; as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• Quattrone & Associates, agent for CCSS Enterprises, LLLP (owner), is requesting approval of a rezone from A-1 to PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use) for a ±8.5 acre property located on the north side of University Parkway, west of Shade Avenue.
• The request includes an associated Preliminary Site Plan for a 200 bed Assisted Living Facility (ALF) and a future commercial outparcel.
• The proposed ALF is to be on a ±6.62 acre portion of the entire 8.5 acre parcel, the remaining ±1.88 acre portion of the property will be used for the future commercial outparcel.
• The requested PDMU zoning is consistent with the existing development pattern and zoning of nearby properties and is a logical extension of the residential development pattern.
• The site is within the Mixed Use (MU) Future Land Use Category (FLUC). The MU FLUC provides for a maximum gross residential density of 9.0 du/ac, and a maximum FAR of 1.0. The project proposes densities and intensities consistent with the FLUC.
• ALF density is calculated with a ratio of 6 beds being equivalent to 1 dwelling units. The request is for a 200 bed ALF, which converts to 34 dwelling units. The ALF will be on a ±6.62 acre portion of the property, therefore the proposed gross density for the ALF and the project is ±5.13 dwelling units per acre.
• The project is requesting 1 Special Approval
1. To allow a project in the Mixed Use Future Land Use Category
• The project is requesting no Specific Approvals.
• Staff recommends Approval with Stipulations.
• On September 8, 2016, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter #2016-0629 on August 10, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward the executed document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - University ALF - PDMU-16-11(Z)(P) .pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Preliminary Site Plan.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Traffic Impact Statement - University ALF - PDMU-16-11(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Height Request info.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - School Report.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 -Schedule of Uses – University ALF (PDMU-16-11(Z)(P)).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 9 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 10 - Ordinance PDMU-16-11(Z)(P).pdf