|October 6, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #17
Centerstone FY 2015-2016 Non-Profit Funding Agreements
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Contact: Allen Donahue, Human Services Program Manager, x3467
Presenter: Andy Guyre, Human Services Division Manager, x3493
Authorization for the County Administrator to execute FY 2015-2016 Non-Profit Agency (NPA) funding agreement for the time period October 1, 2015, through September 30, 2016, with Centerstone of Florida, Inc. (F/K/A Manatee Glens) in the amount of $2,117,158; and adoption of Budget Amendment Resolution B-16-010.
- The Funding Agreement with Centerstone of Florida, Inc., in the amount of $2,117,158, covers the following programs:
- Mental Health Transport - $93,970
- Marchman Act - $450,000
- Inpatient and Residential Detox. - $811,100
- Rape Crisis (Adult) - $52,343
- Baker Act (Adult) - $709,745
- Program Summaries for these programs are attached.
- Funding for these non-profit programs has been allocated in the budget for FY16, which was approved by the Board of County Commissioners on 9/22/15.
- $897,349 of the funding has already been budgeted in the appropriate cost centers in the adopted FY16 budget.
- Budget Amendment B-16-010 would transfer the remaining $1,219,809 of needed funding to the appropriate cost centers from recurring monies of $1,300,000 in the General Fund designated in the FY16 budget for Healthcare expenditures.
- The funding to be provided through this contract for these programs are at the same dollar amounts as FY15.
- Language has been added to the standard agreement as was discussed during Healthcare Facilitated Discussions on August 8, 2015, and September 15, 2015. New language requires the agency to:
- Enroll all clients in a Healthcare Information Exchange (HIE) as chosen and specified by the County as permitted by HIPAA legislation.
- Ensure client data entered into the HIE is current for each client contact, and update data as needed and permitted by HIPAA legislation.
- Participate in all administrative or clinical community meetings as required by the County, help to identify gaps in Manatee County Healthcare, and provide information on industry best practices as needed.
- Submit any additional documentation or reports as requested.
- Collaborate with the Manatee County Healthcare Advisory Board as requested.
- FY16 funding agreements are needed to provide an appropriate funding mechanism and service level accountability for FY16.
- Funded agencies are visited during the contract year by Community Services Department staff conducting program monitoring. Desk reviews are conducted monthly.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Standard contract reviewed and updated by CAO.
Instructions to Board Records
Return fully executed agreement to Community Services.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
General Fund $2,117,158
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Centerstone to BOCC 10-6-15.pdf
Attachment: Centerstone Adult FY1516.pdf
Attachment: B-16-010 Centerstone Funding.pdf