|October 6, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #32
Resolution R-15-166, Resolution R-15-167, and Resolution R-15-168 between University Groves Property, LLC, and Manatee County for property located at Broadway Avenue, Sarasota, Florida 34243, PID 2039700309
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Daniell, Interim Property Acquisition Division Manager, Extension 3009
Larry Decker, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition, Property Management, Extension 6287
- ADOPT Resolution R-15-166; and
- ADOPT Resolution R-15-167; and
- ADOPT Resolution R-15-168; and
- Execution and Recording of Quit Claim Deed to University Groves Property, LLC; and
- Accept and Record Flowage Easements from University Groves Property, LLC; and
- Record Second Amended Ingress and Egress and Access Easement from University Groves Property, LLC; and
- Record Affidavit of Ownership and Encumbrances from Walter Mills, as Manager for University Groves Property, LLC.
Florida Statutes Chapter 125.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan Goal 9.1-9.2 addresses sanitary sewer systems.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan Goal 9.4 addresses stormwater management, flooding, and water quality.
- April 2003 a preliminary site plan was approved by the Board for a mixed use development at property located North of University Parkway and West of Tuttle Avenue.
- The 2003 site plan required certain ingress/egress, access, flowage, and utility easements to be dedicated to the County.
- During the years of 2006 and 2014 additional easements for the 2003 site plan were recorded.
- August 2013 the Board approved a revised preliminary site plan on the same parcel for a mixed use development known as University Groves Apartment Complex.
- A 12,587 square foot permanent Flowage Easement and a 15,072 square foot permanent Flowage Easement are dedicated as described in Exhibit "A" attached to Resolution R-15-166.
- These Flowage easements will supersede and replace previously recorded Temporary Flowage Easements as required to comply with the 2013 site plan approval.
- The Second Amended Ingress/Egress Access Easement is dedicated as described in Exhibit "A" attached to Resolution R-15-167.
- This Second Amended Ingress/Egress Access easement will supersede and replace the previously recorded Permanent Access Easement.
- A Quit Claim Deed, as presented with Resolution R-15-168, is the only method for the County to extinguish a portion of its interest in the previously recorded Utility Easement.
- The County has determined that a portion of the previously recorded Utility Easement is no longer needed for the 2013 site plan approval.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please notify Larry Decker at email@example.com and Scott Rudacille at firstname.lastname@example.org of recording information.
CCC Charge Account #AR700003
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$123.50 Recording fee. 001-0020505 Property Acquisition Core Fund.
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Resolution R-15-166 - Flowage Easements - Unviersity Groves Property, LLC.pdf
Attachment: Flowage Easements - University Groves Property, LLC.pdf
Attachment: Resolution R-15-167 - Second Amended Permanent - University Groves Property, LLC.pdf
Attachment: Second Amended Permanent Ingress and Egress and Access Easement - University Groves Property, LLC.pdf
Attachment: Resolution R-15-168 - Quitclaim Deed - University Groves Property, LLC.pdf
Attachment: Quit Claim Deed - University Groves Property, LLC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Ownership and Encumbrances - University Groves Property, LLC.pdf
Attachment: CAO Memorandum - University Groves Property LLC - Easements.pdf
Attachment: University Groves Property, LLC - Loc Map.pdf