|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers 9:00 a.m. - October 5, 2017|
Agenda Item #11
Ordinance 17-36 - Parrish Lakes DRI28 (TBRPC DRI269) - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, the Manatee County Land Development Code, and Section 380.06, Florida Statutes, and Section 73C-40.025, Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.), subject to the conditions of approval established in the Development Order, I move to recommend APPROVAL of DRI #28 and ADOPTION of Ordinance No. 17-36, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Section 380.06, Florida Statutes and Section 73C-40.025, Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.)
• FLM, Inc., applicant for Parrish Lakes requests approval of a Development of Regional Impact (DRI) to allow a two phased mixed-use development to include 3,300 residential units; 400,000 square feet of retail space and 50,000 square feet of office space.
• The 1,155± acre site is on the south side of Moccasin Wallow Road, approximately 0.74 miles east of I-75, and north side of Erie Road in northern Manatee County approximately three (3) miles south of the Hillsborough County line.
• Historically, the site was used for agriculture uses.
• A 330-foot wide Florida Power and Light transmission line easement runs across the eastern part of the site extending from north to south.
• The Buffalo Canal traverses the site from east to west, near the center of the site. Special Approval is required for a project adjacent to a perennial stream.
• The site is currently zoned A (General Agriculture- one dwelling unit per five acres) and A-1(Suburban Agriculture-one dwelling unit per one acre). The site is partially in the NC (North County Overlay District).
• The proposed densities (3.0) dwelling units per acre) and intensities (F.A.R. 0.22) are consistent with the maximum potential density and intensity allowed for the MU (nine dwelling units per acre), and P/SP-1 (zero dwelling units allowed) FLUCs.
• The General Development Plan shows Carter Road dissects the site from Moccasin Wallow Road to the north to Erie Road to the south. Sawgrass Road runs in a northerly to southerly direction connecting a future right-of-way to the north and Erie Road to the south. There are three access points connecting Moccasin Wallow Road, eight access points connecting Carter Road, six access points connecting Sawgrass Road and one access connecting Erie Road.
• There are13.0± acres of wetlands on-site, of which 0.4± acres will be impacted due to the proposed alignment of Sawgrass Road.
• There are 26± acres proposed for recreational amenities to include community open space/park and private recreational facilities.
• Staff recommends approval subject to the recommended stipulations.
• On July 13, 2017, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission continued the public hearing to August 10, 2017. On August 10, 2017, by a vote of 5 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rahn and Mr. Rutledge were absent.
• On August 3, 2017, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Board of County Commissioners continued the public hearing to September 7, 2017. Commissioner Smith was absent. On September 7, 2017, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Board of County Commissioners continued the public hearing to October 5, 2017. Commissioner Benac was absent.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the August 10, 2017 Planning Commission and September 7, 2017 Board of County Commissioners public hearings is in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0382 on July 10, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward three certified copies of the executed document to Bobbi Roy/Building and Development Services Department.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Parrish Lakes Ordinance 17-36 - 100517 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 1 - Maps and Aerials - Parrish Lakes 100517 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 2 - TBRPC Final Report Parrish Lakes DO 100517 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Map H - Parrish Lakes DO - 100517 BCC .pdf
Attachment: 4 - Newspaper Advertising - Parrish Lakes DO - 100517 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 17-36 Parrish Lakes DO 100517BCC.pdf