|October 22, 2019 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #41
Florida Department of Transportation Public Transportation Grant Agreement (PTGA) - Beach ConneXion Shuttle Service
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Ryan Suarez, Transit Planning Manager, Ryan.Suarez@mymanatee.org, (941) 747-8621 x7622
William Steele, Transit Division Manager, William.Steele@mymanatee.org, (941) 747-8621 x7440
Adoption of Resolution R-19-149 authorizing the Chairman to execute a Public Transportation Grant Agreement (PTGA) FPN 445918-1-84 with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) for implementation of the Beach ConneXion Shuttle service.
Florida Statutes Chapter 341
- The Florida legislature enacted the State Public Transit Service Development Program to provide time-limited "start-up" funding to eligible applicants for special projects. This program is selectively applied to determine whether a new or innovative technique improves or expands public transit usage or effectiveness. Transit Service Development Projects specifically include projects involving new services, routes, improved vehicle frequencies, new technologies, etc. for increasing service to the riding public.
- For Transit Service Development projects that improve system operations, FDOT is authorized to fund up to 50 percent of the net operating costs of the proposed project during the three (3) year start-up period.
- In 2018, Manatee County Government submitted a Service Development Grant application for implementation of a new Beach ConneXion Shuttle service. Subsequent to FDOT's competitive project evaluation and selection process, an award was granted to Manatee County Government for implementation of the Shuttle service.
- The new Beach ConneXion Shuttle service will operate between Manatee County Public Beach/Anna Maria Island (AMI) and Manatee Avenue West/75th Street West. The service span will consist of Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays during the peak season of travel (December 1 through April 30) and between the hours of 10 AM and 6 PM. Connections and feeder service to the new Beach Shuttle will be provided by Manatee County Area Transit (MCAT) via Route 3/Manatee Avenue Monday through Saturday and the Beach Express on Sundays.
- The total three-year project budget, including marketing and administration costs, is estimated to be $159,000 ($53,000 annually). The annual Manatee County Government share of costs will be $26,500.
Staff is requesting that the Board adopt Resolution R-19-149 authorizing the Chairman to execute the Public Transportation Grant Agreement (PTGA) FPN 445918-1-84 with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) for implementation of the Beach ConneXion Shuttle.
Implementation is scheduled to begin December 7, 2019.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return signed resolution and two signed agreements to Ryan Suarez, Transit Division Planning Manager, email@example.com.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
435-0012000 Transit Operations
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Resolution R19-149 - PTGA 445918-1-84 .pdf
Attachment: 445918-1-84-01 PTGA for Agency Execution.pdf