|October 22, 2019 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #34
Temporary Construction Easement to the Manatee County Port Authority for the Manatee Harbor Florida Navigation Project
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management Department, Extension 3439
Charles Meador, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management Department, Extension 6289
- Execution and Recording of Temporary Construction Easement to the Manatee County Port Authority.
Florida Statutes, Chapter 125. County Government.
- Periodically, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (“USACE”) conducts maintenance dredging in the Manatee Harbor of Port Manatee. At the time of the Harbor maintenance dredging, the Manatee County Port Authority contracts with the USACE to conduct the maintenance dredging of all Port Manatee berths. These dredging activities require the dredge material to be disposed of in an approved dredge disposal area.
- Currently, the USACE is planning this maintenance dredging to begin in late November and finish around June 2020. The project is called the Manatee Harbor, Florida Navigation Project (“Project”). The dredge material from the Project is to be pumped to and deposited in Port Manatee’s upland disposal area. The dredge material is pumped to the disposal area through a pipeline that must be built from the dredge to the Port Manatee’s upland disposal area. Most of the pipeline traverses Port Manatee land; however, there is a small section of the pipeline that needs to be constructed in the right of way on the south side of Piney Point Road and through the culvert at the Piney Point Road and Reeder Road intersection.
- The USACE requires the Manatee County Port Authority to certify its interest in the lands used for the Project. Because the Manatee County Port Authority does not have a property interest in a small section where the pipeline must be built, Port Manatee is requesting a temporary construction easement to allow for the dredge disposal pipeline to be constructed in the right-of-way to the south of Piney Point Road and pass through the culvert located at the Piney Point Road and Reeder Road intersection for the purpose of carrying dredge material from Manatee Harbor to Port Manatee’s upland disposal area in accordance with the Manatee Harbor, Florida Navigation Project.
- Chad Butzow, Director of Public Works, approves of the Temporary Construction Easement (TCE) that is the subject of this agenda.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please notify Charles Meador, Jennifer Cowan, Chad Butzow, and George Isiminger of the approved agenda item and recording information via email: Charles.email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCC: AR 700003
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$27.00 recording fee. 001-0020505 Property Acquisition Core Fund.
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Temporary Construction Easement.pdf
Attachment: Location Map.pdf