|Manatee County Government Administration Building 1st Floor, Patricia M. Glass Chambers 9:00 am - November 7, 2019|
Agenda Item #12
Z-19-21 Celestial Holdings, LLC Rezone PLN1906-0083 - Quasi-Judicial - Achaia Brown, Planner I
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Achaia Brown, Planner I, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning and Zoning Technician
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-19-21, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The request is for a rezone of approximately 1.45 acres site from Planned Development Commercial (PD-C) to General Commercial (GC). The property is fronting along (14th Street West) on an Urban Corridor.
• The subject Parcel 4857800058 was zoned Planned Development Commercial without a site plan. The Board approved on June 16, 1998 a Planned Development Commercial (PD-C) with a Preliminary Site Plan for 14th Street Carwash.
• Later, in 2005, it was revised to PDC-98-02(P)(R) for a 2,400 square foot expansion of the existing self-service car wash facility.
• According to Land Development Code Table 4.1-Future Land Use Category (FLUC) and zoning districts lists General Commercial zoning as appropriate in the ROR FLUC.
• The proposed zoning of GC (General Commercial) is consistent with the zoning to the east and the character of the surrounding properties; which, have a combination of heavy commercial, and general commercial zoning on both the east and west sides of 14th Street West.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On October 10, 2019, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2019-0441 on September 10, 2019.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Celestial Holdings, LLC Rezone Z-19-21 PLN1906-0083.pdf
Attachment: 1 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Traffic Impact Statement.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Ordinance Z-19-21.pdf