|Manatee County Government Administration Building 1st Floor, Patricia M. Glass Chambers 9:00 am - November 7, 2019|
Agenda Item #13
Z-19-22 Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee Rezone PLN1906-0100 - Quasi-Judicial - Jamie Schindewolf, Planner II
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Jamie Schindewolf, Planner II, 941-748-4501 ext. 6861
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning and Zoning Technician
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-19-22, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The request is for a rezone of approximately 1.86 acres of a 2.78 acre site.
• The site is located at 811 23rd Avenue East, generally located on the southwest corner of U.S. 301 and 9th Street East.
• The applicant is requesting a rezoning from NC-S and RSF-6 to LM.
• The surrounding area is a combination of residential and industrial future land uses.
• The requested change in zoning category will allow the continuation of an existing use for Meals on Wheels PLUS to expand their distribution operation.
• The future land use for the property is IL (Industrial Light). Light industrial and other employment-oriented uses are appropriate in this future land use category, according to Table 2-1 of the Comprehensive Plan.
• Light Manufacturing is an implementing zoning district in the IL future land use category.
• A Plan Amendment (PA18-14) amending the Future Land Use Category (FLUC) from RES-9 (Residential—9 Dwelling Units/Acre) to IL (Industrial Light) on 0.36 acres was approved by the Board on March 7, 2019 as Ordinance number 19-07.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On October 10, 2019, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter 2019-0442 on September 10 & 19, 2019.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Meals on Wheels Rezone Z-19-22 PLN1906-0100.pdf
Attachment: 1 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Traffic Impact Statement.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Ordinance Z-19-22.pdf