|Manatee County Government Administration Building 1st Floor, Patricia M. Glass Chambers 9:00 am - November 7, 2019|
Agenda Item #9
9:00 AM Time Certain - PDC-19-08(Z)(G) SR 70 & CR 675/Manatee Ranches, Inc. (Owner) PLN1904-0056 - Quasi-Judicial - Jamie Schindewolf, Planner II
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Jamie Schindewolf, Planner II, 941-748-4501 ext. 6861
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning and Zoning Technician
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDC-19-08(Z)(G); APPROVE the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.4 and B.1-B.4, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The applicant is requesting a rezone from A (General Agriculture) to PD-C (Planned Development Commercial) on an approximately 1.54-acre site.
• The site is located at the northeast corner of State Road 70 and County Road 675.
• The Future Land Use Category for the site is AG-R (Agricultural – Rural).
• The applicant has provided a General Development Plan showing the site and has voluntarily proffered a Schedule of Permitted and Prohibited Uses for the site (see Attachment 3). The allowed uses are limited to neighborhood serving commercial.
• The AG-R (Agricultural – Rural) Future Land Use Category allows for “neighborhood commercial” with a maximum commercial of 30,000 square feet; however, the maximum proposed square footage for this project is 15,400 square feet with a floor to area ratio of 0.23.
• The proposed project contains 0.38 acres of open space (20%), roadway buffers of 10 feet, 30-foot setbacks on all thoroughfare roads, and a 15-foot setback along the northern portion that is not adjacent to a thoroughfare.
• The maximum height allowed will be three stories.
• No wetlands exist on the property.
• The project is east of the Future Area Development Boundary and will not be served by county water and sewer.
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
• On October 10, 2019, by a vote of 6 – 1, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Roth voted nay stated project incompatible with the surrounding neighborhood.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the October 10, 2019 Planning Commission are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter 2019-0445 on September 12 and October 2, 2019.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report CR 675 SR 70 Manatee Ranches, Inc. PDC-19-08(Z)(G) PLN1904-0056.pdf
Attachment: 1 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: 2 - General Development Plan.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Schedule of Permitted and Prohibited Uses.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Traffic Impact Statement.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Project Narrative.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 8 - Ordinance PDC-19-08(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: 9.a - Public Comments.pdf
Attachment: 9.b - Public Comments.pdf