|Manatee County Government Administration Building 1st Floor, Patricia M. Glass Chambers 9:00 am - November 7, 2019|
Agenda Item #10
PDC-14-29(P)(R) West Lake Plaza/GH&G Lockwood, LLC - PLN1903-0012 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning & Zoning Technician,
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDC-14-29(P)(R); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.9, B.1–B.2, C.1, and D.1, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mrs. Darenda D. Marvin, AICP/Grimes, Goebel, Grimes, Hawkins, Gladfelter & Galvano, P.L., agent for the property owners, is requesting approval of a revised Preliminary Site Plan to:
• The approximately 23.93 acre site is located at the southeast corner of S.R. 70 East and 45th Street East (Lockwood Ridge Road), zoned PDC (Planned Development Commercial) and within the R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential) Future Land Use Category.
• Proposed Floor Area Ratio (FAR) is approximately 0.22 (previously approved for 0.16 FAR), which is below to the applicable threshold within the R/O/R FLUC (0.50 / 1.0 FAR for hotel and mixed use project 0.16) and consistent with the provisions of Land Development Code Section 402.11.D.1.
• The proposal includes the modification of acreage and layout of Parcels # 4, 7, and 8, as well as the prior administrative modification of Parcel 5 for the construction of a mini-warehouse facility. No changes to the approved access driveways, and/or new proposed access driveways are currently taking in consideration.
• No changes to dimensional standards previously approved are taking in consideration except for an increase in building height from 3 stories to 5 stories applicable for vacant parcels (parcels #4, 7, and 8). Staff is in support of the request since:
• The project will provide 30% open space (7.18 acres); the minimum required open space is 20%.
• No Special or Specific Approvals are requested. Staff recommends APPROVAL with stipulations.
• On October 10, 2019, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• A summary of the public comments are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter 2019-0446 on September 12 and October 2, 2019.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - West Lake Plaza PDC-14-29(P)(R) PLN1903-0012 .pdf
Attachment: 2 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Preliminary Site Plan .pdf
Attachment: 4 - Schedule of Permitted and Prohibited Uses.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Concurrency Level of Service.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Ordinance PDC-14-29(P)(R).pdf
Attachment: 8 - Public Comments.pdf