|Manatee County Government Administration Building 1st Floor, Patricia M. Glass Chambers 9:00 am - November 7, 2019|
Agenda Item #11
PDMU-11-12(G)(R) Shops at Harrison Ranch/HC Properties, LLC PLN1806-0082 - Quasi-Judicial - Dorothy Rainey, AICP, Senior Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Dorothy Rainey, AICP, Senior Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6851
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning and Zoning Technician
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance PDMU-11-12(G)(R); ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval of an alternative to Land Development Code Sections: 403.12.D.4.(a) (allow a reduction to the North Central Overlay roadway buffer for commercial uses from 50-feet to 30-feet and to reduce evergreen understory trees from 6 trees to 3 trees per 100 linear feet); and 403.12.G.6.(a) (allow a retail building that exceeds 75,000 square feet outside of the R/O/R Future Land Use Category to be used by a single tenant); and APPROVE the revised General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.9, B.1, C.1-C.3, D.1-D.6, and E.1; as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The applicant, HC Properties, LLC is requesting approval of an amendment to the General Development Plan on approximately 30.14 acres, zoned PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use) for an increase from 170,000 to 300,000 square feet of non-residential uses (as per Schedule of Uses or Table 4-12 of the LDC). There are also 2 requests for Specific Approval to 1) allow a reduction to roadway buffers from 50 to 30 feet and 2) to allow a single tenant/user for a building greater than 75,000 square feet.
• The site is located at the northeast and northwest corners of US 301 and Harrison Ranch Boulevard, in Parrish.
• The parcels are located in the RES-3 (Residential-3 dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category which allows a floor area ratio (FAR) of 0.35 or 150,000 square feet of commercial/retail uses per parcel, whichever is less.
• Surrounding uses include: to the north and east, Planned Development Mixed Use zoned residential component of this project; to the south US 301 right-of-way and across the road, a residential subdivision (Silverleaf) zoned Planned Development Residential and vacant land zoned A (General Agriculture); and to the west Planned Development Mixed Use zoned residential component of this project and a small vacant parcel, also zoned Planned Development Mixed Use.
• Staff recommends approval of the amendment to the General Development Plan, the 2 requests for Specific Approval, with Stipulations.
• On October 10, 2019, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter 2019-0444 on September 11 and 19, 2019.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Shops at Harrison Ranch HC Properties, LLC PDMU-11-12(G)(R) PLN1806-0082.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: 3 - General Development Plan.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Schedule of Permitted and Prohibited Uses.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Environmental Narrative May 2019.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Deferral and Acknowledgement for Concurrency.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Specific Approval Letter 03-19-19.pdf
Attachment: 8 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 9 - Ordinance PDMU-11-12(G)(R).pdf