|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - November 7, 2013|
Agenda Item #7
PA-13-05 / Ord. 13-13 - Urban Service Area Plan Amendment - Legislative - John Osborne
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
John Osborne, AICP
Planning and Zoning Official
941-748-4501 ext. 6825
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes, the Strategic Regional Policy Plan and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to ADOPT Plan Amendment PA-13-05/Ord. 13-13, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• On May 9, 2013, the Planning Commission recommended transmittal of the Urban Service Area map.
• On June 6, 2013, the Board of County Commissioners voted to transmit the Urban Service Area (USA) map to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO).
• In July, staff received comments from state agencies including DEO, which offered “no comment” on the USA map. However DEO did provide “technical assistance” comments. The suggestions have been incorporated into the applicable policies. Other agencies replied with no comments. The Southwest FL Water Management District (SWFWMD) had issues with the urban service area and its proximity to the coast with potential storm surge and flooding threats.
• On October 10, 2013, staff presented a revised USA map with the Coastal Evacuation Area (CEA) being excluded from the USA boundary to address SWFWMD concerns. This reduced the original USA from 24,406 acres to 20,744 acres.
• Staff took the amendment back to the Planning Commission due to the proposed changes made from state comments. .
• On October 10, 2013, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Wick abstained due to a conflict of interest.
• The final hearing for adoption/denial will be presented to the Board of County Commissioners on November 7, 2013.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed responded by email on April 25 and September 18, 2013.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed before executed and an executed document to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Urban Service Area Plan Amendment PA-13-05 - Ord. 13-13 - 11-7-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Urban Service Area Plan Amendment PA-13-05 Ord. 13-13 - 11-7-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Urban Service Area Plan Amendment - PA-13-05 - Ord. 13-13 - 11-7-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: DEO and reviewing agency comments - Urban Service Area Plan Amendment - PA-13-05 - Ord. 13-13 - 11-7-13 BC.pdf