|November 7, 2013 Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #8
PDC-13-33(Z)(P) - Wilson-Byrne Rezone - Dollar General - DTS20130231 - B00000219 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Morland
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-13-33(Z)(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A-10, B.1-B.3 and C.1; GRANT Special Approval for a project: 1) in Parrish requiring Commercial Node Designation; 2) exceeding 5,000 square feet in the Parrish Commercial Village (PCV) Overlay District; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval for alternatives to LDC Sections 704.74.4 and 714.8.7, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
- The site is in the RES-6 Future Land Use Category (FLUC). RES-6 FLUC lists neighborhood retail uses in the range of potential uses for consideration.
- The site is in the VIL (Village) Zoning district, within the boundaries of the North Central Overlay (NCO) and Parrish Commercial Village (PCV) Overlay districts. Properties within the Village of Parrish are exempt from requirements of the North Central Overlay District per LDC Section 604.10.3.2. Special Approval is also required for a project exceeding 5,000 square feet in the PCV Overlay District.
- Additionally, to be considered for commercial development, Comprehensive Plan Land Use Operative Provision, E, requires any site in RES-6 to be a maximum of 1,500 feet from an intersection of two functional-classified roadways.
- Additionally, LDC Section 704.74.4 requires the use to be on street designated as Collector or higher on the Functional classification Map. The site is within 1,500 feet of the planned Fort Hamer Road Extension and has frontage on U.S. 301 (Arterial) and 121st Avenue East, a local roadway.
- According to the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, entitlement for commercial node designation at the Fort Hamer Road Extension and U.S. 301 requires Special Approval by the Board of County Commissioners.
- LDC Section 704.74.4 further states that no access may be allowed from a local street to a retail use. According to LDC Section 741, U.S. 301 is listed as a limited access facility. The design shows one right-in only access connecting U.S. 301. Full access is proposed from121st Avenue East (local roadway). Specific Approval is required to allow access from a local road.
- The design also shows a stub out for cross access to the vacant parcels to the south which are within close proximity to the intersection at U.S. 301 and 121st Avenue East.
- According to LDC Figure 6-1, Retail Sales, Neighborhood Convenience, is an Administrative Permit use in the Village zoning district. Based on the above information, the planned development process is necessary to acquire Special and Specific approvals. Therefore, the applicant is requesting a rezone to PDC (Planned Development Commercial).
- The project is in the X Flood Zone Category. There are no known historic or archaeological resources on the site. There are no wetlands on the site.
- The applicant hosted a neighborhood meeting on August 15, 2013. Concerns raised included lighting, tree removal, outdoor storage, and traffic on 121st Avenue East.
- A stipulation is included in the staff report prohibiting outdoor storage of goods or equipment during non-business hours. Hours of operation will be from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Delivery times will be during the hours from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Construction hours will be from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The applicant requests Specific Approval for smaller replacement tree sizes per staff’s recommendation and to allow access onto a local street.
- On October 10, 2013, by a vote of 6 – 1, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Bedford voted nay due to the safety issues of traffic at the 121st and 301 intersection. A summary of public comments are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on September 16, 2013.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDC-13-33(Z)(P) - DTS20130231 - B00000219 - Dollar General Parrish - 11-7-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - PDC-13-33(Z)(P) - Parrish Dollar General - 11-7-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request - PDC-13-33(Z)(P) - Dollar General Parrish - 11-7-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - PDC-13-33(Z)(P) - DTS20130231 - B000000219 - Dollar General Parrish - 11-7-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - PDC-13-33(Z)(P) - Dollar General Parrish - 11-7-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - PDC-13-33(Z)(P) - Dollar General Parrish - 11-7-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Dollar General Parrish- PDC-13-33(Z)(P) - DTS201300231 - B00000219 - 11-7-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Exhibit B to Ordinance - Building Elevations - PDC-13-33(Z)(P) - Dollar General Parrish - 11-7-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comment Letters - PDC-13-33(Z)(P) - DTS20130231 - B00000219 - Dollar General Parrish - 11-7-13.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - PDC-13-33(Z)(P) - Dollar General Parrish - 11-7-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planner - Dollar General Parrish - PDC-13-33(Z)P) - 11-7-13 BC.pdf