|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers November 6, 2014 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #11
PDMU-99-02(G)(R6) - River Club Park of Commerce - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland - Continued from October 2, 2014
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-99-02(G)(R-6) with Stipulations, amending and restating Ordinance No. PDMU-99-02(G)(R), PDMU-99-02(G)(R2), PDMU-99-02(G)(R3), PDMU 99-02(G)(R4) and PDMU99-02(G)(R5), RESTATE Special Approval previously granted for a project in: 1) an Entranceway, 2) Project in the Evers Reservoir Watershed Protection Overlay District, 3) Mixed Use Future Land Use Category; Restate the Adopted findings for Specific Approval previously granted for alternatives to LDC Sections 710.2.17.2, 714.8 (tree replacement alternatives), 715.3.1.d (10 consecutive parking spaces), 724 (Signs - as applicable), 722.214.171.124, 7126.96.36.199, 7188.8.131.52.3, 7184.108.40.206.5 (Entranceway standards), as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• River Club Park of Commerce, a mixed use development, is at the southeast corner of I-75 and S.R. 70 and extends southward to Linger Lodge Road and east to Braden Woods on ±249 acres. The site is in the MU (Mixed Use) and P/SP-1 (Public/Semi-Public-1) Future Land Categories and zoned PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use).
• Mr. Robert F. Greene, authorized agent for River Club Holdings, LLC, the Residences at River Club, LLC, and Casvak River Club LLC (owners), requests approval of an amendment to the Zoning Ordinance to consolidate and replace Ordinances PDMU-99-02(G)(R-3), PDMU-99-02(G)(R-4) and PDMU-99-02(G)(R-5) to revise certain stipulations to extend the build-out date, modify use trade-off provision and minimum and maximum exchange limits; provide for office and residential uses in commercial phases other than Phases 2, and 5; increase the maximum number of residential units by 225 for a total of 725 residential units and revise residential use types to include single-family attached, detached and multi-family and a 200-bed (equals 33 units) assisted living facility (a.k.a group care home); revise owner and authorized agent information and various stipulations to update the General Development Plan.
• River Club Park of Commerce DRI and General Development Plan was originally approved in 2001 for a mixed use development and has since been amended (amendments detailed in staff report).
• The General Development Plan is currently approved in ten (10) phases for 425,000 square feet of commercial retail and service space, 325,000 square feet of office space, 60,000 square feet of industrial space, 270 motel rooms, 500 residential units (multi-family/single-family attached) and a four acre out-parcel for two single-family lots.
• The request is accompanied with a revision to the DRI Development Order and Preliminary Site Plan.
• Staff supports the proposed amendments and has included the analysis for each proposal in the staff report.
• On October 9, 2014, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by August 18, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and the letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps Future Land Use-Zoning-Aerial- River Club - PDMU-99-02(G)(R6) - 11-06-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - River Club GDP - PDMU99-02(P)(R6).pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - River Club GDP - PDMU-99-02(P)(R4) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 11-06-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - River Club Park GDP - PDMU-99-02(P)(R4) - Bradenton Herald - 11-06-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Exhibit X - River Club - PDMU-99-02(G)(R6) - 11-6-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Exhibit Y - River Club - PDMU-99-02(G)(R6) - 11-6-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - River Club GDP - PDMU-99-02(G)(R6) - 11-6-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - River Club GDP - PDMU-99-02(G)(R6) - 11-6-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planner - River Club GDP - PDMU-99-02(G)(R6) - 11-6-2014 BC.pdf