|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers November 3, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #6
Z-16-05 - Robe II, LLC Rezone - DTS20160252 - MEPS567 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-16-05, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Rachel Layton, Agent for ROBE II, LLC requests a rezone of approximately 1.95 acres on the west side of Zipperer Road, approximately 2,500 feet north of S.R. 64 East, at 1504 Zipperer Road, Bradenton from A (General Agriculture, one dwelling unit per five acres) to A-1 (Suburban Agriculture – one dwelling unit per one acre) zoning district.
• The site is in the UF-3 Future Land Use Category (FLUC). Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, Policy 188.8.131.52.2, in the Range of Potential Uses lists suburban or urban density planned residential development with integrated residential support uses as part of such developments, retail wholesale or office commercial uses which function in the marketplace as neighborhood or community serving, short-term agricultural uses, agriculturally-compatible residential uses, farmworker housing, public or semi-public uses, schools, low intensity recreational uses, and appropriate water-dependent/water related/water enhanced uses.
• The A zoning district allows one dwelling unit per five acres.
• The intent of the proposed A-1 zoning district is to “permit short-term agricultural and related uses and to provide for areas transitioning from rural to suburban or urban character.” A-1 zoning is consistent with the UF-3 FLUC and allows one dwelling per one acre. Structures erected on the site are required to meet a 50-foot front yard setback along Zipperer Road, 10-foot side yard setbacks and a 25-foot rear yard setback. All current and future uses are required to comply with LDC Section 401, Table 4-1 (Uses in Agriculture and Residential Districts) and Table 4-4, (Schedule of Bulk and Dimensional Standards for Agricultural and Residential Districts).
• The site is in an area where A-1 zoning and uses are already established. According to the survey submitted, the subject property (1.95± acres) appears to be consistent with the minimum lot area and lot width (100 feet) required for the proposed A-1 zoning district. A single-family residence, pole barn, and gazebo occupy the site. Except for the 144± square foot gazebo, all structures on the site appear to meet the required setbacks.
• The proposed rezone is consistent with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and compatible with surrounding zoning districts.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter #2016-0628 on August 10, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Robe II, LLC Rezone - Z-16-05.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerials.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - Robe II LLC Rezone - Z-16-05.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Traffic Impact Statement.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Ordinance Z-16-05.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Public Comment.pdf