|November 19, 2019 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #80
Infrastructure Sales Tax Citizens Oversight Committee Appointment
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: Jan Brewer, Financial Management Director, 941-745-3730, ext. 3726
Contact: Hunter Foxwell, Senior Budget Analyst, 941-745-3730, ext. 3761
Appointment of One (1) Manatee County resident living in the Unincorporated area of the County to the Infrastructure Sales Tax Citizens Oversight Committee to serve a term to expire April 4, 2022.
Ordinance 16-35, Section 7 (Sales Tax Ordinance)
Manatee County Resolution R-18-130
Florida Statute 212.055(2) (Discretionary Sales Surtax)
- Section 4 of Resolution R-18-130 is for the Establishment of the Citizens Oversight Committee. The Committee shall have only the following powers and duties:
- The Committee shall act solely in an oversight capacity to prepare an annual report to the Board of County Commissioners to consider the following:
- Whether actual or planned expenditures are consistent with the subcategories and percentages provided in the Infrastructure Sales Tax Funding Categories List.
- Whether any changes to the Infrastructure Sales Tax Funding Categories List were approved by the Board in accordance with Resolution R-18-130.
- Whether project and equipment expenditures, or debt service costs for same, utilizing Infrastructure Sales Tax revenues for the previous year were identified on the Infrastructure Sales Tax Project and Equipment List.
- Whether any changes to the Infrastructure Sales Tax Project and Equipment List were made in accordance with Resolution R-18-130.
- The Committee, its members and all its proceedings shall be governed by and comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation (1) Florida Government in the Sunshine Law, Chapter 286, Florida Statutes, (2) the Florida Public Records Law, Chapter 119, Florida Statutes, and (3) the Florida Public Ethics Code, Chapter 112, Florida Statutes.
- Section 5 of Resolution R-18-130, Composition, Term and Procedures sets forth the following for composition term and procedures:
- The Committee shall be composed of seven members appointed by majority vote of the Board, and shall be removable for cause by the Board. Committee members shall be individuals residing in the unincorporated areas of Manatee County.
- Four of the initial members shall have initial terms of three years and three initial members shall have initial terms of two years. Thereafter, all members shall serve for terms of two years.
- The Committee shall, by majority vote, select a Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson from among its members. The Committee shall determine the time and places for the meetings, and shall meet not less than once per calendar year. The County's Financial Management Department shall provide staff support to the Committee.
- The Committee shall sunset on December 31, 2032.
- The following people have submitted applications for Citizens Oversight Committee appointment, and meet the qualifications as stated in Resolution R-18-130, Section 5 (A):
- Ana Garcia Gonzalez
- Allen J Morrell
- A copy of all applications and a matrix of applications are attached.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Notify Hunter Foxwell at email@example.com of the appointment.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: R-18-130 Fully Executed - Amended and Restated R-16-128.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 16-035 dtd 6.21.16.pdf
Attachment: COC Morrell Allen Advisory Board Application 10.10.19.pdf
Attachment: COC Gonzalez Ana Advisory Board Application 10.4.19.pdf
Attachment: COC Gonzalez Ana Resume 10.4.19.pdf
Attachment: Citizens Oversight Committee Roster..pdf
Attachment: Candidate Matrix for the Infrustructure Sales Tax Citizens Oversight Committee.pdf