|November 19, 2019 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #8
2019 Manatee Chamber of Commerce Manatee Young Professionals (MYP) Awards
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Cheri Coryea, County Administrator, ext 3468
Recognition of the 2019 Manatee Chamber of Commerce MYP MVP Awards:
- 2019 Manatee County Government - MYP MVP Employer
- 2019 Simone Peterson - MYP MVP Non Profit/Government Professional Award
Efficiency of Service
- The Manatee Chamber of Commerce created the Manatee Young Professionals Group, or MYP. It was established to allow young professionals in the community to participate in the Chamber with other members of their own age group.
- The MYP MVP Awards were started this year in various categories to recognize outstanding achievement for persons and an employer that focuses on the success and accomplishments of young professionals.
- Simone Peterson was nominated by Manatee County and was named the individual MVP (Non-profit/Government category). Simone was one of the four founding team members of the Manatee Millennial Movement (M3) in 2016. M3 was tasked with engaging and soliciting feedback from underrepresented young professionals. Simone is a shining star, recognized for her leadership, innovation, and ability to pull diverse groups together for greater civic engagement.
- Manatee County Government received the MVP (Company category) in recognition of our continued commitment to “Recruiting, hiring and retaining young people in our workforce.” M3 has sponsored our highly successful Results-First paid Internship Program since the summer of 2017.
- Nominations for both of these great awards are attached to this agenda. Learn more about why Manatee County Government M3 Internship and Ms. Simone Peterson were chosen to be the recipients of this year's MYP MVP awards.
- Recognition from the Chamber for Simone and for our Government is an extreme source of pride for all of us. These awards are validation that our M3 group, our Results First internships, and our ongoing commitment to involving young, up-and-coming stars in meaningful projects is proof that we can recruit and keep our own best and brightest minds.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Final MYP MVP Application_NAEmployer.pdf
Attachment: MYP MVP Simone Individual Award.pdf