|November 18, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #24
Letter of Support for Manatee Community Action Agency's Head Start Proposal
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Brenda Rogers, Director
Community Services Department, x3489
Andy Guyre, Human Services Division Manager
Community Services Department, x3493
Authorization for the Board to execute a letter of support of Manatee Community Action Agency's Head Start proposal.
- On October 31, 2014, a request was received from Manatee Community Action Agency for a letter of Support for their Head Start Proposal.
- During the discussion with the Board of County Commissioners the Agency stated they would be back for a second letter of support for a second Head Start Funding Application.
- It is in the best interest of the citizens of Manatee County to support local agencies in their efforts to obtain state and federal monies to fund programs that benefit the general public.
- This letter of support does not imply any preference of Manatee Community Action Agency's proposal over any other local agency that may also submit a proposal to provide Head Start/Early Head Start services.
- Manatee Community Action Agency is the current Head Start/Early Head Start agency in Manatee County.
- The Head Start/Early Head Start program provides a comprehensive childhood development program for children from birth to age five, pregnant women and their families. This includes Education, Health, Mental Health, Nutrition, Disabilities Services, Family Services, and Parent Involvement.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Original to Community Services. Copy to Board Records.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: MCAA Head Start Letter 11-18-2014.pdf