|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - May 7, 2015|
Agenda Item #7
PDRV-14-29(P) - Timberlane RV Park - DTS20140521 - MEPS380 - Quasi-Judcial - Margaret Tusing
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
1. Rachel W. Layton, AICP, ZNS Engineering, LC, agent for the owner, is requesting approval of a Preliminary Site Plan for Phase 2 of the Timberlane RV Park. Phase 2 will add 41 RV spaces and 15 mobile home spaces. When completed, the RV park will have a total of 105 spaces (88 RV spaces, 15 mobile home spaces, and 1 caretaker mobile home space and 1 caretaker apartment).
2. The Timberlane RV Park is located on 11.92± acres and is generally located south of S.R. 64 and east of I-75. The project is within the MU (Mixed Use) FLUC. The request is an expansion of an existing RV park. Phase 1 (47 RV sites and 1 mobile home site) was completed in January 2015. A proposed 5,000 square foot amenity center/storm shelter and caretaker’s apartment is currently under administrative review.
3. The LDC limits the number of RV sites to 12 sites/acre. The project density is 8.81 gross RV sites/ac and 9.12 net RV sites/ac. Both of these densities are below the LDC limitation of 12 RV sites/acre.
4. Special Approvals
5. Specific Approval - LDC Section 714.8.7 – Tree Replacement
6. The project provides almost 40% open space (4.52± acres); exceeding the 25% requirement for projects located within the Entranceway.
7. On April 9, 2015, by a vote of 5 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded on March 18, 2015.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps FLU, Zoning and two Aerials- Timberlane RV Park - PDRV-14-29(P) - 05-07-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report-PDRV-14-29(P)-Timberlane RV Park-05-07-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - Timberlane RV Park - PDRV-14-29(P) - 05-07-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Timberlane RV Park - PDRV-14-29(P) - Bradenton Herald - 5-7-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Timberlane RV Park - PDRV-14-29(P) - 5-7-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Timberlane RV Park - PDRV-14-29(P) - 5-7-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Request for Special and Specific Approval Letter-Timberlane RV Park- PDRV-14-29(P) - 5-7-15 BC .pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - 5-7-15 BC - PDRV-14-29(P) - Timberlane RV Park - DTS20140521 - MEPS380.pdf