|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - May 7, 2015|
Agenda Item #11
PDR-03-59(P)(R) - Prospect Bradenton Investments, LLC., Palma Sola Bay Development, Inc., Palma Sola Bay Club Association, Inc., / Palma Sola Bay Club - DTS20140362 - MEPS341 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing - Continued from February 5 and April 2, 2015
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, making a specific finding that the proposed buildings exceeding 35 feet in height are consistent with LDC Section 603.7.4.9; I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-03-59(P)(R); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations 1 - 26; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) partially located within the Coastal High Hazard Area and 2) adjacent to a perennial stream (Palma Sola Creek); as recommended by the Planning Commission and staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
1. Mr. Bob Lombardo, P.E. of Lombardo, Foley & Kolarik, agent for the owner, is requesting approval of an amended Preliminary Site Plan and stipulations previously approved by Ordinance No. PDR-03-59(Z)(P).
The originally requested amendments were: to increase the maximum number of multi-family residential units from 201 to 207; to clarify that Stipulation No. 11, the emergency access point onto Palma Sola Boulevard, can also be utilized for construction traffic access; to revise Stipulation #23 to allow the construction of an observation deck on the west side of Palma Sola Boulevard, the deck will not allow the mooring of boats; and increasing the height of Buildings #1 and #9 to 40’-2½” to be consistent with the other 21 buildings in the development and amending stipulations for compliance with current codes.
Subsequent to the January 15, 2015 Planning Commission meeting, the Applicant informed staff that they no longer were seeking to amend Stipulation No. 11. Staff has revised the Staff Report and the Ordinance. The only revision to Stipulation No. 11 is the update the language “Transportation Director” to Public Works Director.
3. Special Approvals: Partially located within the Coastal High Hazard Area and a Perennial Stream (Palma Sola Creek). These Special Approvals were approved with the previous application and the proposed revisions do not affect staff support of these Special Approval requests.
4. The project provides 12.12 acres of open space (38.8%); exceeding the requirements of the Planned Development District.
5. Project access is from 75th Street West and an emergency access on Palma Sola Boulevard.
6. On January 15, 2015, by a vote of 6 – 1, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Details on the nay vote and a public comment summary are in the staff report attached to this memo.
7. On February 5, 2015, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Board of County Commissioners continued the public hearing to April 2, 2015.
8. On April 2, 2015, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Board of County Commissioners continued the public hearing to May 7, 2015.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on December 17, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Palma Sola Bay Club - PDR-03-59(P)(R) - 5-7-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Palma Sola Bay Club - PDR-03-59(P)(R) - 05-07-2015 BOCC.pdf
Attachment: Previous Development Order - Palma Sola Bay Club - PDR-03-59(Z)(P) - 5-7-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Building Elevations 1-Palma Sola Bay Club - PDR-03-59(P)(R) - 5-7-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Building Elevations 2-Palma Sola Bay Club- PDR-03-59(P)(R) - 5-7-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Palma Sola Bay Club - PDR-03-59(P)(R) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 5-7-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavitt of Publishing - Palma Sola Bay Club - PDR-03-59(P)(R) - Bradenton Herald - 5-7-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - Palma Sola Bay Club - PDR-03-59(P)(R) - 5-7-15 BC-. pdf.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - STrike through underline format - Palma Sola Bay Club - PDR-03-59(P)(R) - 5-7-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Clean Copy - Palma Sola Bay Club - PDR-03-59(P)(R) - 5-7-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Palma Sola Bay Club - PDR-03-59(P)(R) - 5-7-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Applicant request for additional time.pdf