|May 6, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #24
Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan Adoption
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Don Hermey, Emergency Management Chief
Adoption of Resolution R-14-056 to accept the Manatee County Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP) dated December 2013.
- Florida Administrative Code 27P-6.006
- Florida Statute 252.35(2)(d)
- Florida Statute 252 requires updating of the Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan every four years.
- The plan, with its associated annexes, provides guidance and policy for response and recovery of emergency services elements to any man-made or natural disaster impacting Manatee County.
- The Florida Division of Emergency Management determines if each section of the plan meets compliance. Emergency Management has been notified that our plan addresses all required program changes and addresses all National Incident Management Systems criteria.
- Proposed changes include:
- Changed the Hazard Vulnerability Analysis (HVA) to the new Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Analysis (THIRA) spreadsheet;
- Updated the County Organizational chart;
- Updated demographics according the 2010 census;
- Updated the Communications Plan to include FEMAs Integrated Alert and Warning System (IPAWS);
- Updated economic profile including average property values (data submitted by Property Appraisers Office);
- Clarified Level 2, Partial Activation and agency responsibilities according to THIRA.
- The plan was last updated and adopted in 2009.
- Upon Board adoption of the CEMP, Emergency Management will disseminate copies of the plan to all emergency response agencies.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please send copy of signed Resolution to Candace Kelly at Emergency Management at email@example.com (ext 1667).
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Compliance Letter 03.20.2014.pdf
Attachment: Resolution R-14-056 CEMP 2013.pdf
Attachment: 2013 Manatee_Basic_Plan.pdf
Attachment: Annex III Recovery - 2013.pdf
Attachment: Annex IV Mitigation - 2013.pdf