|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 1112 Manatee Avenue West, First Floor Chambers May 5, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #9
PDMU-15-14(Z)(P) - 301 Oxford LLP/301 Oxford - DTS20150267 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-15-14(Z)(P); subject to Ordinance No. 16-20 (fka 15-35) amending the Comprehensive Plan becoming effective; APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1 – A.7, B.1 – B.2, C.1, D.1 – D.2 and E.1; the MAKING of a Specific Finding that the multi-family buildings exceeding 35-feet in height are consistent with Land Development Code Section 402.7.D.9 in that the development, as approved and stipulated, is compatible with the surrounding area and will not create any external impacts that would adversely affect surrounding development; GRANT Special Approval for a project exceeding a gross density of 9 dwelling units per acre in the RES-12 Future Land Use Category; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval of alternatives to Land Development Code Section 403.12.D.4.a. (Reduce required 50-foot roadway buffer in the NCO and reduce the required number of understory trees in the buffer), as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Rachel Layton, AICP, with ZNS Engineering, LC, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Rezone with Preliminary Site Plan from PDC to PDMU for 22,500 square feet of non-residential uses on 4.4 acres and 168 multi-family units on 15.09 acres. The total project site is approximately 19.49 acres and is located on the southwest corner of US 301 and Oxford Road (5111 Oxford Road - Parrish).
• The site is located in the ROR (Residential/Office/Retail – 5.18 acres) and RES-12 (Residential - 12 dwelling units per gross acre – 14.31 acres) Future Land Use Categories (FLUC) (PA-15-03/ORD 16-20).
• The following Special Approval is required:
Gross residential density exceeding 9 du/ac (11.13 du/ac)
• The following Specific Approval is requested:
Reduce NCO Commercial and Office Uses Roadway Buffer and reduce the number of required evergreen understory trees (LDC Section 403.12.D.4.a.)
• The following Specific Finding is requested:
Increased height from 35-feet to 45-feet for the multi-family structures.
• County potable water and waste water are available by connection or extension.
• Sidewalks are provided throughout the multi-family complex tying the residential units to the amenity areas and service areas such as the mail kiosk. These multi-family sidewalks connect to the commercial parcels and the commercial parcels connect to the existing sidewalk on US 301.
• Recreational amenities will be provided on 0.13-acres of property and may include a clubhouse/ fitness center and pool.
• There is one wetland on site (2.87 acres) that is low quality. The applicant is proposing to impact the entire wetland and will provide mitigation in the form of payment into the Braden River Mitigation Bank in accordance with UMAM guidelines.
• There are 2 access points on US 301 and 2 access points on Oxford Road (a private roadway).
• Staff recommends approval with Stipulations.
• On April 14, 2016, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on March 22, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - 301 Oxford - PDMU-15-14(Z)(P) - DTS20150267.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - 301 Oxford - PDMU-15-14(Z)(P) - DTS20150267 -5-5-16 BC.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit (B-4).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Revised Special and Specific Approval Request Letter 2015.10.26.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Parrish Civic Association Letter of Support on Specific Approvals 2015.10.06.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Traffic Impact Analysis Approval Letter.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Height Analysis and Renderings.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - 301 OXFORD SCHOOL REPORT.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - PD Schedule of Uses 301 Oxford.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 9 - Preliminary Site Plan updated 2015.11.10.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - 301 Oxford - PDMU-15-14(Z)(P) - Bradenton Herald - 5-5-2016 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - 301 Oxford - PDMU-15-14(Z)(P) - Sarasota Herald Tribune Line - 5-5-2016 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - 301 Oxford - PDMU-15-14(Z)(P) - DTS20150267 - MEPS466.pdf
Attachment: Public Comments - 301 Oxford - PDMU-15-14(Z)(P) - DTS20150267.pdf