|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 1112 Manatee Avenue West, First Floor Chambers May 5, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #10
PDMU-15-23(Z)(G) - Lakewood Ranch Commerce Park, LLC/Lakewood Ranch Business Park - DTS20150394 - MEPS505 - Quasi-Judicial - Branden Roe
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Branden Roe, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-15-23(Z)(G); and APPROVE the General Development Plan with Stipulations 1-16; as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Darenda Marvin, AICP, Grimes Goebel Grimes Hawkins Gladfelter & Galvano, P.L., agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a rezoning from PDI (Planned Development Industrial) to the PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use) and a General Development Plan for 33 non-residential mixed use lots.
• The General Development Plan site is approximately 111.14 acres located on the northwest quadrant of 44th Avenue East and Lakewood Ranch Boulevard.
• The parcel is located in the IL (Industrial Light) future land use category. Surrounding uses include single family residential, commercial, public safety (East Manatee Fire Rescue District HQ), and the Lena Road Land Fill.
• Maximum intensity: 1,006,236 square feet of non-residential development.
• The necessary infrastructure for the project has been completed to accommodate the development and lots that resulted from the original rezone and subsequent subdivision plats.
• ±33.18 acres (29%) are proposed for open space; 25% is required.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On April 14, 2016, by a vote of 6 – 0, with Mr. Rutledge abstaining, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on March 17, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerials - Lakewood Ranch Business Park - PDMU-15-23(Z)(G) - 20150394 - 505.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Lakewood Ranch Business Park - PDMU-15-23(Z)(G) - 20150394 - MEPS505 - 5-5-16 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Table 4-7. Schedule of Uses - Lakewood Ranch Business Park (PDMU-15-23(Z)(G)).pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - Lakewood Ranch Business Park - PDMU-15-23(Z)(G) - 20150394 - MEPS505.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Lakewood Ranch Business Park - PDMU-15-23(Z)(G) - Bradenton Herald - 5-5-2016 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Lakewood Ranch Business Park - PDMU-15-23(Z)(G) - Sarasota Herald Tribune Line - 5-5-2016 BCC.pdf
Attachment: General Development Plan - Lakewood Ranch Business Park - PDMU-15-23(Z)(G) - 20150394 - MEPS505.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Lakewood Ranch Business Park - PDMU-15-23(Z)(G).pdf