|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 1112 Manatee Avenue West, First Floor Chambers May 5, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #8
PA-15-05/Ordinance 16-01 - Gigliotti/The Floridian at Moccasin - DTS20150353 - Legislative - Branden Roe
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Branden Roe, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to TRANSMIT Plan Amendment PA-15-05, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Florida Statutes Chapter 163, Part II
• The Plan Amendment site is approximately ±59.68 acres generally located on the south side of Moccasin Wallow Road, approximately 1.75 miles east of the I-75/Moccasin Wallow Road interchange in Parrish.
• There are several existing mixed use and residential areas within close proximity to the amendment site. These projects include: Robinson Gateway DRI, a mixed use project locate generally northwest of the subject property; Eagle Pointe and Summer Woods, residential projects generally located north and east of the subject property, respectively; and Villages of Amazon South, a mixed use project located to the east of the subject property.
• In addition to the existing approvals, the subject property’s western and southern boundaries abut the Parrish Lakes DRI property. While the Parrish Lakes DRI has not been formally approved, the property was subject to a comprehensive plan amendment which changed the FLUC of the property from UF-3 (Urban Fringe, 3 dwelling units per gross acre) to MU (Mixed Use).
• The area is served by utilities, county schools, roadway network, libraries, fire and public safety.
• There are no jurisdictional wetlands, native habitat nor endangered species on the project site.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On April 14, 2016, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• A summary of the public comment heard at the April 14, 2016 Planning Commission public hearing is in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on March 17, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward the original signed letter to Bobbi Roy/Building and Development Services Department.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerials - PA-15-05 - Ord. 16-01 - DTS20150353.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Floridian at Moccasin - PA-15-05-Ord. 16-01 - DTS20150353.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - The Floridian at Moccasin - PA-15-05 - Ordinance 16-01 - Bradenton Herald Display - 5-5-2016 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - The Floridian at Moccasin - PA-15-15 - Ord. 16-001 Sarasota Herald Tribune Display - 5-5-16 BCC.pdf
Attachment: School Report - Floridian at Moccasin - PA-15-05 - Ord. 16-01.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - Floridian at Moccasin - PA-15-05 - Ord. 16-01.pdf
Attachment: Transmittal letter to state for signature by Chairman.pdf