|May 5, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #15
Final Plat - Indigo, Phase I
Contact and/or Presenter Information
John Parks, Sr. Development Review Specialist, ext. 6215
- Execute and record Final Subdivision Plat;
- Accept and record Grading and Drainage Plan;
- Accept and record Utility Easement from Neal Communities of Southwest Florida, LLC;
- Accept and record Affidavit of Ownership and Encumbrances from Neal Communities of Southwest Florida, LLC;
- Record Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions For Indigo;
- Authorize County Administrator to accept, execute, and record Agreement For Public Subdivision Improvements from Neal Communities of Southwest Florida, LLC, and to accept, execute, and record three (3) Surety Bonds For Performance of Required Improvements, Bond No. CS3037280 in the amount of $841,014.20, Bond No. CS3037279 in the amount of $944,534.82, and Bond No. CS3037283 in the amount of $89,699.35, each from Great American Insurance Company;
- Authorize County Administrator to accept, execute, and record Agreement For Private Subdivision Improvements from Neal Communities of Southwest Florida, LLC, and to accept, execute, and record two (2) Surety Bonds For Performance of Required Private Improvements, Bond No. CS3037278 in the amount of $63,996.40 and Bond No. CS3037285 in the Consent of Surety Bond Rider amount of $2,117,012.89, each from Great American Insurance Company.
- MANATEE COUNTY LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE, ORDINANCE 90-01, AS AMENDED;
- MANATEE COUNTY COMPREHENSIVE PLAN, FUTURE LAND USE ELEMENT GOAL 2.4, ADEQUATE & AVAILABLE PUBLIC FACILITIES CONCURRENT WITH NEW DEVELOPMENT. The project has been issued a Certificate of Level of Service for Potable Water, Solid Waste, Sanitary Sewer, Transit, Drainage, Traffic, and Fire Protection, Objective 2.4.1, Concurrency, CLOS-14-010.
- The final plat is for a single-family private subdivision with 62 lots.
- The utilities (water, sewer, reclaim, and lift station) within this private road subdivision will be publicly owned and maintained by Manatee County. The applicant has elected to plat the subdivision prior to its construction. As a result, the applicant has provided a performance bond for platting purposes for all future private and public infrastructure improvements. As part of the proposed public utility within this private road subdivision, a POMD agreement, along with a Bill of Sale for utility infrastructure to Manatee County, is required to be executed and recorded.
- Upon completion of this subdivision and issuance of a Certificate of Completion by Manatee County, the performance bond will be released and replaced with a defect security bond. At that time, the applicant shall execute a POMD agreement and a Bill of Sale and submit both to Manatee County for acceptance and execution by the Board.
- All common areas including the private roads will be maintained by the Indigo Neighborhood Association, Inc.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
- Please send the Plat Book and Page numbers to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Record all financial agreements associated with this plat per Resolution R-14-02.
- Please notify Jane Oliver, email@example.com, Bond Coordinator at Fiscal Management Division, Public Works Department, when original agreements and securities are ready for pick-up.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Application - Legal Documents for Recording.pdf
Attachment: Bonds and Agreements.pdf