|May 5, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #23
Resolution R-15-048 Declaring a Public Hearing on May 19, 2015, at 9:00am., to vacate a portion of improved right-of-way at 47th Street West, Bradenton, Florida
Contact and/or Presenter Information
John Agostinelli, Division Manager, Property Acquisition, Property Management, Extension 3021
Tim Cristello, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management, Extension 6284
ADOPT Resolution R-15-048.
- Manatee County Land Development Code Chapter 9, Section 911.3, Public Hearing requirements for Vacation of Streets, Road, and other Appropriate Property.
- Florida Statutes Sections 336.09 and 336.10 et seq., Closing and Abandonment of Roads.
- The applicant, IMG Academy LLC, is requesting vacation of 45,971 square feet of improved right-of-way. This vacation is needed to improve security and create a campus for the Academy that is not traversed by a public roadway.
- The roadway immediately south of the subject roadway was previously vacated by Resolution R-12-228.
- In its recent property exchange with IMG Academy, LLC, Manatee County acknowledged that subject road serves no public purpose and recorded an Exchange of Property Agreement on August 14, 2014.
- Jurisdictional reviews by appropriate county departments and private utility companies serving the location to be vacated have been notified of the intention to file a vacation.
- Per Public Works request, the applicant will be providing a permanent utilities easement for drainage and utility over the area requested to be vacated. This will be presented on May 19, 2015.
- Per Private Utilities request, the applicant will be providing a communication easement for Verizon Florida LLC and grant of non-exclusive utility easement for Peoples Gas. These executed replacements easements will be recorded by applicant subsequent to vacation approval.
- The vacation complies with the technical requirements of the Manatee County Land Development Code and pertinent Florida Statutes.
- All expenses associated with the subject vacation will be paid by the applicant.
- Manatee County's application fee of $800 has been paid.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please provide a certified copy of the resolution to Tim Cristello, Property Management Department, 1112 Manatee Avenue West , Suite 800, Bradenton, Florida 34205
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: IMG Academy LLC Application and Deed.pdf
Attachment: IMG Academy LLC Jurisdictional Review.pdf
Attachment: IMG Academy LLC RLS-15-061.pdf
Attachment: Resolution R-15-048.pdf
Attachment: IMG Academy LLC Location Map.pdf