|Manatee County Government Administrative Building May 4, 2017 - 9:00 am First Floor - Chambers|
Agenda Item #13
PA-16-05/Ordinance 17-13 fka 16-41 - County Initiated Text Amendment Educational Facilities - DTS20160488 - Legislative - Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager - Continued from January 5, 2017
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager,
941-748-4501 ext. 6841
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be consistent with the Community Planning Act, as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes, and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to Transmit Plan Amendment PA-16-05, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Florida Statutes Chapter 163, Part II
• Manatee County, its municipalities and the School Board adopted the state required Interlocal Agreement for School Facilities Planning in 2008 and amended the agreement in 2010.
• The Interlocal Agreement established provisions for school concurrency and coordination between local governments and school board on for new school construction and proposed land use actions.
• The purpose of the proposed text amendment is to clarify and correct any inconsistencies between the Interlocal Agreement and the Comprehensive Plan.
• The agreement states public schools are an allowable use in all future land use designations except heavy industrial, conservation and preservation. However, public schools may be allowed in those designations at the discretion of Manatee County.
• Staff recommends transmittal
• On December 8, 2016, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended transmittal.
• On January 5, 2017, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Board of County Commissioners continued the public hearing to May 4, 2017.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2016-0786 on November 17, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed approval document to email@example.com for distribution to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - PA-16-05 - Ord.17-13 fka 16-39 - Education Facilities Plan Amendment .pdf
Attachment: 2 - Ordinance 17-13 fka 16-41 - PA-16-05 - Educational Facilites Plan Amendment - PA16-05docx.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Transmittal Letter for DEO for Signature.pdf