|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers 9:00 a.m. - May 3, 2018|
Agenda Item #9
PDR/PDC-96-03(G)(R10) - Tara Manatee, Inc. 20170346 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland, Senior Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Stephanie Moreland, Senior Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning & Zoning Tech/Planning Coordinator
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR/PDC 96-03(G)(R10) with Stipulations, amending and restating Ordinance No. PDR/PDC-96-03(G)(R9), RESTATING Special Approval previously granted for a project: 1) partially in an Entranceway; and 2) in Evers Reservoir Watershed Protection Overlay District; as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Tara-Manatee Development of Regional Impact (DRI #11 – 1,124.21± acres) is generally located in the southwest quadrant of I-75 and S.R. 70, Manatee County. The site is in the MU (Mixed Use), and RES-6 (Residential, six dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Categories (FLUCs). The site is zoned PDC/WP-E/ST (Planned Development Commercial/Evers Reservoir Watershed Protection/Special Treatment Overlay Districts).
• Tara development predates to November 1980 when the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) approved a Resolution granting a Development Order for TARA DRI#11 for a mixed use development on 1,136.95± acres. Since 1986, there were many amendments approved to the Development Order.
1) The addition of a 123-room hotel use to Subphase III-R, Unit 1 per a land use exchange as provided for in Exhibit F;
• Analysis for the above listed requests is detailed in the staff report.
• Staff recommends approval as shown in strike-thru/underline format in the attached ordinance.
• On April 12, 2018, by a vote of 5 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rahn and Mr. Rutledge were absent.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded to staff regarding Matters 2017-0599 and 2018-0124.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report Tara GDP PDR_PDC-96-03(G)(R10).pdf
Attachment: 1 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: 2 - General Development Plan PDR_PDC-96-03(G)(R10).pdf
Attachment: 3 - Rendering Tara GDP PDR_PDC-96-03(G)(R10).pdf
Attachment: 4 - Environmental Report Tara GDP PDR_PDC-96-03(G)(R10).pdf
Attachment: 5 - Lincks Assoc. Report Tara GDP PDR_PDC-96-03(G)(R10).pdf
Attachment: 6 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Ordinance Tara PDR_PDC-96-03(G)(R10).pdf
Attachment: 8 - Public Comment Tara DRI Ordinance 18-02.pdf