|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers 9:00 a.m. - May 3, 2018|
Agenda Item #8
Ordinance 18-02 (f.k.a. 10-50) Tara DRI11 20170345 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland, Senior Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Stephanie Moreland, Senior Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning & Zoning Tech/Planning Coordinator
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, the Manatee County Land Development Code, and Section 380.06, Florida Statutes, subject to the conditions of approval established in the Development Order, I move to APPROVE Ordinance No.18-02 (f.k.a 10-50), as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Florida Statutes Section 380.06
• Tara-Manatee Development of Regional Impact (DRI #11 – 1,124.21± acres) is generally located in the southwest quadrant of I-75 and S.R. 70, Manatee County. The site is in the MU (Mixed Use), and RES-6 (Residential, six dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Categories (FLUCs). The site is zoned PDC/WP-E/ST (Planned Development Commercial/Evers Reservoir Watershed Protection/Special Treatment Overlay Districts).
• Tara development predates to November 1980 when the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) approved a Resolution granting a Development Order for TARA DRI#11 for a mixed use development on 1,136.95± acres. Since 1986, there were many amendments approved to the Development Order.
• Currently, the Tara DRI is approved for 2,719 residential dwelling units, 399,631 square feet for commercial, office, Adult Assisted Living Facility, Mini Warehouse space, 36 Hole Golf course space, Hotel, two (2) Clubhouses, and two (2) Maintenance Centers.
• The applicant requests a revision to the TARA-MANATEE, INC. Development Order (DO) and Map H. The request is accompanied with a companion revision to the Zoning Ordinance and General Development Plan [PDR/PDC-96-03(G)(R10)] and is as follows:
1) The addition of a 123-room hotel use to Subphase III-R, Unit 1 per a land use exchange as provided for in Exhibit F;
• Analysis for the above listed requests is detailed in the staff report.
• Staff recommends approval as shown in strike-thru/underline format in the attached ordinance.
• On April 12, 2018, by a vote of 5 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rutledge and Mr. Rahn were absent.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded to Matters 2017-0598 and 2018-0125.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward three certified copies of the executed document to Bobbi Roy/Building and Development Services Department.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Tara DRI Ordinance 1802.pdf
Attachment: 1 - Maps and Aerials.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Map H.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Height Rendering .pdf
Attachment: 4 - Lincks Assoc. Report.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Ordinance with Exhibits attached..pdf
Attachment: 7 - Public Comment Tara DRI Ordinance 18-02.pdf