|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers 9:00 a.m. - May 3, 2018|
Agenda Item #11
PDR-17-18(Z)(G) City of Bradenton/Evers Reservoir 20170263 MEPS701 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning & Zoning Tech/Planning Coordinator
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Ordinance No. PDR-17-18(Z)(G); APPROVE a General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.8, B.1-B.6, C.1-C.4, and D.1; GRANT Special Approval for a project: 1) exceeding a gross density of 2.0 dwelling units per acre in the RES-3 FLUC, 2) exceeding a net density of 3.0 dwelling units per acre in the RES-3 FLUC, 3) adjacent to a perennial stream, 4) within the Watershed Protection Evers Overlay District, and 5) within the Special Treatment Overlay District; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approvals; and GRANT Specific Approval for alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 402.7.D.5 (Planting alternative within the northwest portion of the greenbelt buffer), 1001.4.D.1 (Cul-de-sac exceeding 800 feet in length), 1005.7.D.2 (Backing onto a public or private lane for multi-family dwelling units), and 1005.7.E (Allow multiple stacking of spaces for multi-family units); as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Darenda Marvin, AICP, with Grimes Goebel, et al, agent of the property owner, is requesting approval of a:
• General Development Plan for 600 residential units, including single-family detached, single-family semi-detached, single-family attached, and multi-family.
• The project site is vacant and located 1,350 feet east of Lockwood Ridge Road (45th Street East), west of the Evers Reservoir, and north of Honore Avenue (Bradenton, Manatee County).
• The entire site is designated RES-3 (Residential-3), and its eastern portion is partially located in the Coastal Planning Area (Evacuation Level C). The General Development Plan proposes:
• Special Approval is required to be granted by the Board of County Commissioners for a project:
• Additionally, applicant request Specific Approval for an alternative of LDC Sections:
• The purpose of the Special Approval and Specific Approval request is satisfied by the proposed project’s design. Staff recommends APPROVAL with stipulations.
• On April 12, 2018, by a vote of 5 – 1, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Horrigan voted nay stating nothing in the area should be approved until traffic issues are resolved. Mr. Rutledge was absent.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the April 12, 2018 Planning Commission are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter 2018-0137 on March 15 and April 2, 2018.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report City of Bradenton Evers Reservoir PDR-17-18(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: 2 - Staff Report Maps Evers Reservoir PDR-17-18(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: 3 - General Development Plan Evers Reservoir PDR-17-18(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: 4 - Traffic Impact Statement Evers Reservoir PDR-17-18(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: 5 - Environmental Report Evers Reservoir PDR-17-18(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: 6 - School Report Evers Reservoir PDR-17-18(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: 7 - Request for Specific Approval Evers Reservoir PDR-17-18(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: 8 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit Evers Reservoir PDR-17-18(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: 9 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 10 - Ordinance PDR-17-18(Z)(G) Evers Reservoir.pdf
Attachment: 11 - Public Comments.pdf