|May 24, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #22
Reduction of Code Enforcement Fines for Jessica L Button (nka Bank of America National Association), Code Enforcement Case Number CE2013010532
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Jeff Bowman, Division Chief, Ext. 6854
Motion to reduce the fines for this case to $2,500.00 (as previously recommended by the Special Magistrate on April 27, 2016), subject to the following conditions:
- The reduced fines shall be paid within 90 days or will revert back to the original fine amount of $107,800.00 for CE2013010532.
- Recording fees need to be collected, which total $40.00.
- Building and Development Services Department Director is authorized to sign satisfactions of liens if the reduced fines are paid.
Section 162.09, Florida Statutes (2014)
Code Enforcement Case CE2013010532. 1027 Hagle Park Rd, Bradenton, FL. 34212 (PI #531600005) Below is a brief synopsis regarding this case:
- Violation: Junk vehicle and trash and debris.
- Notice of Violation issued: 1/25/2013.
- Special Magistrate Hearing: 3/27/2013. Ordered to comply by 4/19/2013 for Section 703.2.23 or a $100.00 minimum fine and $50.00 per day fine would be imposed; and ordered to comply by 4/19/2013 for Section 703.2.23.1 or a $100.00 minimum fine and $50.00 per day fine would be imposed.
- Section 703.2.23 was complied 3/31/2016.
- Section 703.2.23.1 was complied 3/31/2016.
- Total fine $107,800.00 plus $40.00 recording fee.
- Property owner offered $2,500.00 plus $40.00 recording fee.
- Special Magistrate Mitigation Hearing 4/27/2016. The Magistrate determined that justification exists to reduce the total fine amount and to forward the request to the Board of County Commissioners with a recommendation to reduce the fine amount to $2,500.00 plus $40.00 recording fee.
This was a foreclosure property.
- 11/18/2014 Notice of Lis Pendens was filed.
- 08/05/2015 Certificate of Title was awarded to the plaintiff.
Eviction of the occupant took five (5) months. Within three months of the property being vacated the new property owner paid out approximately $9,000 dollars to bring into compliance.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a stamped copy of the agenda to Administrative Specialist Susan Hunt(firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Code Enforcement Division following disposition.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 2016-5-24 Button CE2013010532 .pdf