|May 24, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #18
Final Plat - Serenity Creek, A Replat of Tract N
Contact and/or Presenter Information
John Parks, Sr. Development Review Specialist, ext. 6215
- Execute and record Final Subdivision Plat;
- Record Supplemental Declaration To Community Declaration For Serenity Creek;
- Authorize the County Administrator to accept, execute, and record Agreement for Public Subdivision Improvements from Meritage Homes of Florida, Inc.;
- Authorize the County Administrator to accept, execute, and record Agreement for Private Subdivision Improvements from Meritage Homes of Florida, Inc.;
- Authorize the County Administrator to accept and execute Surety Bond for Performance of Required Improvements, Surety Bond No. SU 1134135 from Arch Insurance Company for $464,264.78;
- Authorize the County Administrator to accept and execute Surety Bond for Performance of Required Private Improvements, Surety Bond No. SU 1134136 from Arch Insurance Company for $695,661.27.
- MANATEE COUNTY LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE, ORDINANCE 15-17, AS AMENDED;
- MANATEE COUNTY COMPREHENSIVE PLAN, FUTURE LAND USE ELEMENT GOAL 2.4, ADEQUATE & AVAILABLE PUBLIC FACILITIES CONCURRENT WITH NEW DEVELOPMENT. The project has been issued a Certificate of Level of Service for Potable Water, Solid Waste, Sanitary Sewer, Transit, Drainage, Traffic, and Fire Protection, Objective 2.4.1, Concurrency, CLOS-13-002.
- The final plat is for a single-family, private subdivision with 51 lots.
- The utilities (potable water, reclaimed water, and wastewater infrastructure facilities) within this private road subdivision will be publicly owned and maintained by Manatee County. The applicant has elected to plat the subdivision prior to its construction. As a result, the applicant has provided a performance bond for platting purposes for all future private and public infrastructure improvements. As part of the proposed public utility within this private road subdivision, the required Agreements for Subdivision Improvements, along with a Bill of Sale for utility infrastructure to Manatee County, are required to be executed and recorded.
- Upon completion of this subdivision and issuance of a Certificate of Completion by Manatee County, the performance bond will be released and replaced with a defect security bond. At that time, the applicant shall execute the required agreement(s) and a Bill of Sale and submit both to Manatee County for acceptance and execution.
- All common areas, including the roads, will be maintained by the Serenity Creek Homeowners Association, Inc.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
- Please send the Plat Book and Page numbers to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Record all financial agreements associated with this plat per Resolution R-14-02.
- Please notify Jane Oliver, email@example.com, Bond Coordinator at Fiscal Management Division, Public Works Department, when original agreements and securities are ready for pick-up.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Application & Supplemental Decl.pdf
Attachment: Agreements & Bonds.pdf