|May 21, 2013 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #16
FY 12/13 Non Profit Agency Funding Agreement Amendment #1 (Adult Daycare)
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tracie Adams / Human Services Manager / Ext. 3030
Authorization for the Chairman to execute Amendment #1 to the FY 12/13 Community Care for the Elderly funding agreement with Meals on Wheels Plus of Manatee, Inc., amending the agreement to change the contract total from $42,725 to $26,298 for the service of adult daycare.
Florida Statutes Chapter 125
- County has served as Lead Agency for the Community Care for the Elderly (CCE) grant program for the past thirty-four years.
- CCE grant funds are provided by the state through the West Central Florida Area Agency on Aging, Inc., to provide case management, emergency alert response, homemaker, medical transportation, personal care, respite, home delivered meals, adult daycare, and prescription payment services to persons sixty years of age or older to prevent or delay premature institutional placement.
- Emergency alert response, homemaker, personal care, respite, home delivered meals, adult daycare, and prescription payment services are provided by the county through subcontract. Case management and medical transportation services are provided by the county directly.
- Funding contained in the original agreement for home delivered meals did not reflect the unanticipated increased need in other service areas within the high risk elder community.
- Amendment #1 decreases the funding for adult daycare by $16,427 for a total not to exceed $26,298.
- Amendment #1 will allow for all current clients to continue receiving adult daycare through the end of the contract.
- Amendment #1 will allow for current clients to continue receiving services in other areas as the funds will be transferred.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return one fully executed original to Community Services to forward to Meals on Wheels.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$26,298 State Funds / 17390001018 CCE FY 12/13
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs