|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers May 12, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #1
PDR-15-27(Z)(G) - PGCI IV, LLC/Silverleaf Villas Phase VII - MEPS71 - DTS20150421 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-15-26(Z)(G); APPROVAL of the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1 - A.9, B.1, C.1 – C.4, D.1 – D.5, E.1 – E.3, F.1 – F.11, G.1, and H.1; GRANTING Special Approval for a project exceeding a gross residential density of 2 dwelling units per acre and exceeding a net residential density of 3 dwelling units per acre in the RES-3 Future Land Use Category; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval for an alternative to Land Development Code Section 403.12.D.3.k (reducing the rear yard setback for pool cages and accessory structures from 15’ to 5’); and restating previously APPROVED Specific Approvals for an alternative to LDC Sections 403.12.D.3 (604.10.3.3.k - NCO Landscape Planting Design), 403.12.D.5 (604.10.3.5.1 - NCO Roadway Buffers for Residential and Other Uses), 1001.1.C (712.2.8 - 2nd Means of Access Required), 1001.2.C (9.1.3 - Street Extension), 1001.4.D.1 (907.9.4.1 - Cul-de-sacs, Dead End Streets and Stub Streets – cul-de-sac exceeding 800-feet), and 1001.4.D.2 (907.9.4.2 - Cul-de-sacs, Dead End Streets and Stub Streets – temporary dead end street), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Rachel Layton, AICP, with ZNS Engineering, LC, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Rezone of approximately 22.53 for a total Silverleaf project acreage of 285.88± acres (263.55± acres already rezoned) from A/NCO (General Agriculture – one dwelling unit per five acres/North Central Overlay) to the PDR/NCO (Planned Development Residential/North Central Overlay) zoning district and for a revised General Development Plan for an additional 67 lots for a total of 799 lots for single-family detached, single-family detached (cottage), and single-family semi-detached (villas) residences located on the southeast corner of Silverleaf Avenue and U.S. 301, Palmetto.
• The site is located in the RES-3 (Residential – 3 dwelling units per gross acre) Future Land Use Category.
• The following Special Approvals are required:
• The following new Specific Approval is requested:
• The following Specific Approvals are being restated:
• Potable Water, Sanitary Sewer, and Reclaimed Water are available along Silverleaf Avenue
• Recreational amenities may include, but are not limited to, a gazebo, open space, playground equipment, walking trails.
• No wetlands are being impacted with this revision.
• Staff recommends approval with Stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on April 19, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Silverleaf Villas PH VII - PDR-15-27(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Maps - Future Land Use aerials and zoning - Silverleaf Villas - PDR-15-26.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Special-Specific Approval Request Letter Revised 3.28.2016.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - 02.12.16 School Report Silverleaf Villas 80 Sf.pdf
Attachment: Silverleaf Villas TIS Approval.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Silverleaf Villas Phase VII - PDR-15-27(Z)(G) -Bradenton Herald line - 5-12-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising- Silverleaf Villas Phase VII - PDR-15-27(Z)(G) - Sarasota Herald Tribune Line - 5-12-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - SilverLeaf General Development Plan 2016.03.31.pdf